Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like giving up.

tag
Brookenic84
New Contributor

I feel like giving up.

My scores are awful. I want to purchase a home. I got 6 negatives deleted and it didn’t change my score. I got a house i don’t live I’m removed from my report (by my ex refinancing) it dropped my score significantly. I have a few things left on my report. I paid a portfolio recovery one today. I have two more regular collections(not medical) left. I have three lates on a verve card. I emailed them faxed them and called about goodwill removals with no luck. I feel sad about this today. Like discouraged. Anyone have any good uplifting stories to restore my hope?
December 2018

As of 3/25/2019

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: I feel like giving up.

@Brookenic84 wrote:
My scores are awful. I want to purchase a home. I got 6 negatives deleted and it didn’t change my score. I got a house i don’t live I’m removed from my report (by my ex refinancing) it dropped my score significantly. I have a few things left on my report. I paid a portfolio recovery one today. I have two more regular collections(not medical) left. I have three lates on a verve card. I emailed them faxed them and called about goodwill removals with no luck. I feel sad about this today. Like discouraged. Anyone have any good uplifting stories to restore my hope?

No please don't give up!! You've made so much progress already and I PROMISE there is a light at the end of that tunnel.

The thing with collections is that you don't really get a score boost until the very last collection falls off. Do you have an installment loan on your report? If not, that could be hurting your scores, too. My fiance's scores are in the 670'-690's only because he doesn't have an installment loan right now; he paid off his car loan middle of last year. He's still getting a million credit card offers in the mail each day and even pre-qualifies for the better credit cards out there that I don't and my scores are higher than his! Keep doing what you're doing because sometimes time is what it takes to raise your scores. I can't do anythign about mine except let time pass because I have a few new accounts that are bringing my scores down.

Dude... I started off in the 580's last year and am now in the 700's. It can be done!! Any way you can pay off those last 2 collections? If you can, I would highly recommend calling and asking for a PFD (pay for delete).

Good Luck and keep up the fight! It can be discouraging at times when things don't go as we hoped, but just keep using your credit responsibly and making your payments on time if nothing else.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 2 of 4
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

No stories unfortunately, but, don't feel down about this.
You have already achieved more than most in getting those negatives deleted. You are moving things along in the right direction and the only way is up from here on out.
Keep at it and eventually it will all pay off.
Remember that the people of this forum are all here for you and willing you nothing but success on everything you do.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar boat. I paid off all my CC debt and went from nearly 100% uti to 1%. I got three late payments removed. I (without knowing about PFD) PIF my collections. And my score barely moved. It's all on this last collections. The collections account is only from 06/2018 so I have a long 6 years and 3 months ahead of me if they keep rejecting my GW letters, but we can't give up hope. All we can do is keep grinding along, working on our GW campaigns and making sure we don't produce any more baddies in the mean time. One of the greatest positives was having the stress of the debt and open collections off my plate. I feel so much better everyday just knowing they're gone, even if they didn't improve my scores. 

Another positive takeaway is my newly found knowledge (thanks to these forums) about CUs I didn't know existed, as well as a better understanding of FICO and the credit scoring system in general. So, keep reading and learning so that when you do get the increases you're looking for, you can build even higher off that.

As mentioned above, you could try taking out a SSL for a low amount, and paying it so under 8% is still owed, and letting it sit until you're ready to take out a true loan and pay it off then. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.