Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I guess I'm up sh@! creek...

tag
jkfaria
Valued Member

I guess I'm up sh@! creek...

Hi everyone.  I have some real "baddies" on my TU and EX reports from Cap1(chargeoffs) totalling 17k+ from 2003-2005.  EQ deleted, but I suppose they could come back on me any time. (Yes, they are mine/valid, unfortunately).  I am completely unable to pay this amount.  I stupidly got involved with a debt consolidation RIPOFF outfit called Cambridge Brighton back in 2003 and not a penny of the $2k I paid them went to my Creditors, and this is how I ended up.  I stopped paying them $400 a month when I heard Clark Howard on the radio AND after getting the old lie "it has to get worse before it gets better" BS from CB.

Is there anything I can do other than wait it out until 2012-13???

EQ-629 TU-581  EX-??

I have within the last 2 years acquired some CC's-HSBC, Tribute(whom I plan to payoff and close before 2009), Chase, Juniper, Hooters- all have CL's under $1000 and in good standing.  Util total is about 38%.  

TU includes this 17k in my 'debt', so util is like 144% according to myfico!

EX shows these baddies as Judgments-really BAD.

Frankly, I believe I'm just stuck, but if anyone has any advice I surely would appreciate it. 
EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I guess I'm up sh@! creek...

If it has a balance...its KILLING your UTL...I would contact them...and see if you can work out some sort of payment arrangements...in exchange for them not sending the accuont to collections...if it is not already there...if they do tell you the SOLD the debt...dispute the incoorect balance...it should be $0...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

jkfaria wrote:
Hi everyone.  I have some real "baddies" on my TU and EX reports from Cap1(chargeoffs) totalling 17k+ from 2003-2005.  EQ deleted, but I suppose they could come back on me any time. (Yes, they are mine/valid, unfortunately).  I am completely unable to pay this amount.  I stupidly got involved with a debt consolidation RIPOFF outfit called Cambridge Brighton back in 2003 and not a penny of the $2k I paid them went to my Creditors, and this is how I ended up.  I stopped paying them $400 a month when I heard Clark Howard on the radio AND after getting the old lie "it has to get worse before it gets better" BS from CB.

Is there anything I can do other than wait it out until 2012-13???

EQ-629 TU-581  EX-??

I have within the last 2 years acquired some CC's-HSBC, Tribute(whom I plan to payoff and close before 2009), Chase, Juniper, Hooters- all have CL's under $1000 and in good standing.  Util total is about 38%.  

TU includes this 17k in my 'debt', so util is like 144% according to myfico!

EX shows these baddies as Judgments-really BAD.

Frankly, I believe I'm just stuck, but if anyone has any advice I surely would appreciate it. 

If you are unable to pay in full or settlement, then I would leave the accounts alone. Are you past SOL? You can find SOL here -  http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20040116b2.asp

SOL is based on DOLA.
Message 3 of 4
jkfaria
Valued Member

Thanks to you both for the info.

I'm also concerned about the '05 date - I think it was either '03 or early '04 on the chargeoffs/judgments.  I may need to do some further research on that.
EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.