cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I guess it's time for further action? CRA problems

Regular Contributor

I guess it's time for further action? CRA problems

Near the end of last month--on 3/28--I informed EX and EQ that I was requesting MOV for a disputed entry.  Both stated to me that they would send the required info within 15 days.  Now, 19 days later, I have not received anything from either one.  

 

The dispute involves an entry that has been illegally re-aged, and I provided evidence to both of the CRAs showing that it has been re-aged.  The account is one that there's a legit question of ownership on, and I sent the CRAs evidence of two things.  One, that the supposed creditor has admitted in writing that the reported creditor does not actually have anything to do with this account....and two, I sent a letter received prior to the reported DOFD showing that the account was past due for nearly a year already.  EQ is reinvestigating, EX has not reported any reinvestigation on my file.

 

Both CRAs acknowledged receiving the documentation, and both agreed to send out their MOV as required.  Neither one did.  So now, is it just on to lawsuit time?  Or is there a faster or easier way that anyone recommends to handle this?  Thanks in advance.

 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Community Leader
Legendary Contributor

Re: I guess it's time for further action? CRA problems

Give it another week before taking any action.

 

The issue will become whether they have clearly not responded at all, or whehter they are only in non-compliance by being a few days late.

Very different in what you pursue and how you would document it.

Message 2 of 6
Established Contributor

Re: I guess it's time for further action? CRA problems

I believe mail can sometimes take 5-7 days. I'd wait until atleast 15+8 incase transit time was slow.

Message 3 of 6
Regular Contributor

Re: I guess it's time for further action? CRA problems

Thanks guys, really appreciate the info.  I had not even thought of mail delays.  I'll hold off until next week and see what happens.

 

Message 4 of 6
Regular Contributor

Re: I guess it's time for further action? CRA problems

OK, so it looks like I'm moving ahead with the next step on this.  I have a meeting with a local attorney today.  It's been 27 days and I've received nothing.  Funny thing though---in that same time, the entry on one credit report has been updated with new balance info....and once again, the reported DOFD has been changed---this time, by one month.  So they now claim a DOFD of 9/2011.  At this point, I can only come to the conclusion that the bureaus do not care about following the FCRA on their end, and I've already known that th furnisher does not.  So we're taking the next step, looks like it's off to federal court. 

 

When i spoke to the attorney on the phone, he asked me to bring evidence of these things with me today.  So I have it all gathered and ready to go.  

Message 5 of 6
Established Contributor

Re: I guess it's time for further action? CRA problems

Good luck. Thanks for the update.

Message 6 of 6