Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had 15 inquiries deleted that all

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 15 inquiries deleted that all

were done in last 30 days but not by me. And my score went down! So confused was at a 635 now at a 611. How could that be equifax makes no sense to me
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I had 15 inquiries deleted that all

How were they deleted?
Message 2 of 16
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me although there were other circumstances also.
I had 7 inq's deleted this week by EQ and my score dropped 69 pts.
I was also on an EQ app spree the last 3 weeks ,but that didn't affect my score during the beginning, who knows it might be some of both.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The drop in inquiries didn't impact the score in a negative way, but rather because something else happened on your CR. Take the reports and do a side-by-side comparison. In order to be fair, all infomation, other than the inquiries, would have to be equal. Remember, the slightest increase in CC balances could have decreased the score. Adding lates will do it. Change in status of an old account from CO/collections to late 90 days can negatively impact your score. Adding an account or CC will do it. Deleting an old account will do that too. Many more factors too.

Also, if you removed these via a dispute, and if other items were included in that dispute, then your score could drop. For example, if you had a 6 yo paid CO that is listed as a negative factor, and you delete it, you score could also drop. The CO contributed to your avg. age which dropped with its removal.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe there is a "bucket" for those with lots of inquiries and you were re-bucketed? I don't think just having inquiries removed will lower your score. As llecs suggested look over everything extra super double triple safe.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked over the reports nothing different but those inquiries gone. How long does a new credit card take to show on account I opened a cap1 card feb 08 and it is still not reporting.
Message 6 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

sandhallison wrote:
I have looked over the reports nothing different but those inquiries gone. How long does a new credit card take to show on account I opened a cap1 card feb 08 and it is still not reporting.

There has to be something different. I'm sure your CC balances changed between then and now. Utilization makes up for 35% of your score, if I recall.

As mentioned, how did the inquiries go away? I've got 27 I need to get rid of on EX. Smiley Very Happy

To answer your question, I don't know. Some report immediately, yet others report when a statement first cuts, and others report at the first statement if you had a balance. If you don't get the answer here, try the CC forum.
Message 7 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

sandhallison wrote:
were done in last 30 days but not by me. And my score went down! So confused was at a 635 now at a 611. How could that be equifax makes no sense to me

Not by you! By who? Are you sure you didn't also lose (have deleted) a positive TL (account)?
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

First I had them removed by showing that I was not in the State that the inquiries came from. example A furniture store in Alabama I live in South Carolina the dates the inquiries were done the address used i could easily proof they were not me.

I have looked over my report all evening my Ult on debt is 1% as it was last month and the month before. The report also shows one account that had lates but on current report the lates are gone. Also one medical acct was updated as paid. accts open is 7 same as last three reports. no old accts have dropped off.

I have flagged my report and locked them. I believe is a family member but it is hard to prove. But I will still be watching it. I just wish I knew what changed to make it drop. i was for sure I would get a increase. Could the medical changing to paid made it drop? it was from 2005 and my insurance just paid the claim kinda funny it took them 3 yrs especially sense I never heard from the hospital or the ca we lived in same place for a few yrs now. Tomorrow I will call equifax to find out what could be happening
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of those 15 inquiry's, have you checked to see if any of the accounts that were trying to be opened in your name were approved??? I would be calling all of those listed to make sure and close any opened.

Most certainly keep an eye on your reports.

Message Edited by stef37 on 04-28-2008 07:39 PM
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.