Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild 2.0 FKA I had been doing great

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Re: I had been doing great...

I paid progressive directly and Caine and Weiner just updated it to paid... oh well.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 21 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Thank you very much!

I am really happy I didn't pull the trigger... someone suggested a small amount on the Amazon store card to get a revolver on there that I can't screw up too badly. So I put 150 on it. An amount that I have in savings just in case. Really don't use Amazon for anything so it isnt very tempting.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 22 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

just an update.

amazon prime secured card reported. 

Got a 50pt boost from it!

now the only things i have open are

carmax - 13,733 

3 student loans with navient totalling 2500 ish

and this amazon card with a line of 150

all current! 

i do not use amazon for nearly anything and will try to just have my prime account to be charged to it monthly and pay off. excited to see such a big increase and mentally in a great place to move forward responsibly. 

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 23 of 131
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

just an update.

amazon prime secured card reported. 

Got a 50pt boost from it!

now the only things i have open are

carmax - 13,733 

3 student loans with navient totalling 2500 ish

and this amazon card with a line of 150

all current! 

i do not use amazon for nearly anything and will try to just have my prime account to be charged to it monthly and pay off. excited to see such a big increase and mentally in a great place to move forward responsibly. 

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Good progress so far. You do need 3 open revolvers to drive Fico and typically there is a bump for each of them opening but its up to you.

Message 24 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Yup! Working my way there.
I have cap 1 disc and Amex as a CO right now. So hoping to pay them back and try to get back in with them. None have gone to collections yet so there is hope. I think. Haha
RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 25 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

I finally made a spreadsheet listing all my debt, who owns it, monthly bills and income, and the plan of action I want to take with each one. Prioritizing which to pay down first and how much money I can actually give to CAs and OCs.

It is a really really hard thing to see that you have almost 40k in debt... so shocking.

I am sticking to my budget super strictly, droped all my unnecesary expenses. My only luxury expense (aside from my astounding car payment) is my climbing gym membership. 50 bucks a month and I am there almost every day. I need the outlet; definitely worth it.

Putting it all out on one paper made it so much more real than my stack of collection bills and letters from the IRS.

I highly suggest this to anyone trying to devise a plan. No more random sheets of paper (that i eventually lose) listing all the debts.

Feeling hopeful.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 26 of 131
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Agreed- hard to look at it but it's better than not.... I don't have anything to add but just want to pat you on the back and say, "Hang in there"!  You will get it done.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 27 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, is the secured Amazon card still live? I know they took a huge amount of flak for it and took it off the market, but did they allow existing cardholders to keep the cards open and usable?
Message 28 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Yeah! I still have the amazon secured. Had no idea it wasn’t available anymore!
RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 29 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, glad you could keep it. Yeah apparently Amazon took a ton of heat for it, being accused of trying to boost profits on what people were calling a subprime market. Personally I thought it was a great idea, but they caved to public pressure.
Message 30 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.