cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a judgment that shows on nothing but...

tag
ccoaston
Contributor

I have a judgment that shows on nothing but...

When I applied for my mortgage through this program the bank was having i was preapproved and then they ran it again and dug deeper and saw the judgment/restituion i have to pay that i have been paying since i got it in 2008. So the bank said if the goverment isnt willing to let them get first dibs then they cant give me the loan. Is there anyway to apply for a mortgage while making your payments on your restituion on time? i owe 33,000 which i dont see me paying that of anytime soon.

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Citi Bank diamond perffered - 5k
Discover - 5k
Amex blue cash perffered - 2k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ccoaston
Contributor

Re: I have a judgment that shows on nothing but...

ANYONE?

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Citi Bank diamond perffered - 5k
Discover - 5k
Amex blue cash perffered - 2k
Message 2 of 3
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Re: I have a judgment that shows on nothing but...

I'd be willing to bet that all they show on whatever system they found it on, that its an unpaid judgement.

To them it doesn't matter if you've paid everything but $1 or if you haven't paid a penny, all they know is that its not paid.

Usually they will not give out a mortgage as long as there are open judgements/collections that are unpaid.

If your paying via a wage deduction (i.e. your employer is automatically deducting it from your pay and sending in the payments) you could try calling the attorney of the plaintiff that filed the judgement and ask for a letter stating "this was the total judgement amount, this is how much has been paid, we've agreed to a payment plan of $X per week/month and it is being paid directly through a wage garnishment." you could try that and see if they would then basically figure it in as though its an installment loan with a manual review.

But right now since its not PIF already its probably showing up as "unpaid" so like I said in there mind your not paying it even though you are....

Also you'd probably get better answers from people in the Mortgage section as they have all been there done that. Not everyone in the rebuilding thread either has a mortgage or has had issues with one in the past.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.