Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with EXPERIAN and a paid collection

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I have a problem with EXPERIAN and a paid collection

Ok, long story short ( i have posted the whole story here a few times), I paid a collection that I knew wasn't valid (stolen identity). I just pulled my EX FICO yesterday and noticed a 13 point jump. The paid collection now lists as a credit account, not collection. TU does not report this way and EQ deleted it all together. I  mean I like the fact the now two out of three reports show NO collections (one on TU), but I am wondering now if I can dispute it and they will end up deleting all together?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a problem with EXPERIAN and a paid collection

Pull a report directly from EX to see how it is showing before disputing.

Did you file police report or ID theft affidavit? If so, you can use that to remove accounts associated with the ID theft.

If they are reporting incorrectly, I would file complaints with the BBB, your AG, and their AG.

Message 2 of 5
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pull a report directly from EX to see how it is showing before disputing.

Did you file police report or ID theft affidavit? If so, you can use that to remove accounts associated with the ID theft.

If they are reporting incorrectly, I would file complaints with the BBB, your AG, and their AG.

I have done all the filing and no one would help. I even called TMobile and they claim that the evidence shows I opened the cellular account in 2006, even though I already had Sprint at that time. I got sick of arguing so I paid it directly to the CA. They reported it paid ( I tried over and over for a PFD). My biggest question right now is, being that they are now reporting as a revolving account instead of a cleection:

1. Is it better to have it listed as a paid "CO" debt or a PAID collection?

2. How can I go about gettting it deletd?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you asked T-mobile for this evidence?

If you filed police reports and ID theft affidavits, did you send copies to the CA or CRA?

Check out FCRA 605(B)

The FTC has sample letters to send to them on their website.

DEFEND: Recover from Identity Theft

If they are reporting incorrectly, and you are willing to follow through, you can send an ITS giving them X days to report accurately or remove from your report or you are filing suit. Then file suit if they don't.

As far as which is better, I really have no clue if one is better than the other. ETA: Regular TL count in age and collections reporting correctly(by a CA under collections) do not. So, I guess that would be the reason for your increase in score, your AAoA increased.

This is the CA reporting, right? Or the OC?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 01-03-2009 06:39 PM
Message 4 of 5
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

YEs, it is the CA reporting. The funny thing is TMobile never supplied me with anything and I just recently opened a new account with them (no deposit).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.