cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question about a collection agency reporting me to the CB's please help

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

I have a question about a collection agency reporting me to the CB's please help

I had a daycare bill I completely forgot to pay last month and I recieved a letter from a collection agency so I immediatly called them and made arrangements to pay.  He said they will not report me to any credit bureau's and they will not put a judgement against me.

Do you think hes being honest they wont report me?  Should I have asked for this in writing?  What should i do?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: I have a question about a collection agency reporting me to the CB's please help

Some CA's usually allow 30-60 days for you to pay before they report to credit bureaus, if this is your first initial letter, i think you are fine, you paid before they had to send a second letter and a third and so on.
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a question about a collection agency reporting me to the CB's please help

glamchick wrote:
I had a daycare bill I completely forgot to pay last month and I recieved a letter from a collection agency so I immediatly called them and made arrangements to pay.  He said they will not report me to any credit bureau's and they will not put a judgement against me.

Do you think hes being honest they wont report me?  Should I have asked for this in writing?  What should i do?

Im so sorry, but daycares are putting folks in collections these days.....LOL
Message 3 of 5
glamchick
Established Contributor

yeah daycares are outragous they are so expensive.  Especially when you have 2.

This was my first letter and I asked them for a payment plan.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

glamchick wrote:
yeah daycares are outragous they are so expensive.  Especially when you have 2.

This was my first letter and I asked them for a payment plan.

Glam you know I am in the know with this issue... I have 4Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.