cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been denied credit in the last 60 days so....

tag
Izaana
Regular Contributor

I have been denied credit in the last 60 days so....

where exactly is it that I can go to get my free CR's???
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have been denied credit in the last 60 days so....

Go to the CBs site. I think that you have to mail it to them but I am not sure.
Message 2 of 11
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

We were denied too (Target and Sears) - both of the letters gave an address to write to within 60 days, inc a copy of ID and telling you to include a copy of the rejection letter.  I just sent the actual letters instead of copies 9because this isn't critical stuff and I have enough paper clutter - don't need to keep the rejection letter) so I can't give the actual address - I remember that the EQ one was just the usual address for them though.
Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 3 of 11
Izaana
Regular Contributor

Thanks y'all

can I just go to a website and get them again if I pay $, I dont want to wait on snail mailSmiley Wink

can I do that here at myfico?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you just need the report, cheaper to do it at the CRAs.

If you want the score too, then you get that here.

Message 5 of 11
jackg
Established Contributor

Izaana,

You can  go to "annualcreditreport.com" and get 1 free report from each agency every one year plus one day.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 6 of 11
Izaana
Regular Contributor

I did that a couple of months ago
Message 7 of 11
jackg
Established Contributor

Well then you should go to the web site of the CRA that was used in the decision making process. Some where on that web site are instructions to get a new report based on the denial. If you can't find the info yourself pleas call a customer service rep and explain what has happened and you want your report. Ther are 2 options, first they can send you a hard copy (my preference) or they can give you access on line. I have used both processes at all 3 CRA's.

Good Luck

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 8 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You are entitled to one free credit report anually from each CRA

Just log onto annualcreditreport.com.

Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Izaana wrote:

Thanks y'all

can I just go to a website and get them again if I pay $, I dont want to wait on snail mailSmiley Wink

can I do that here at myfico?

The only way to get the free reports for being denied credit, AA issue, fraud alert, etc. is via the CRA's website itself. Third-parties, like myFICO, won't give you that report.

Experian:

http://www.experian.com/reportaccess/

click "get my report now" and you'll see a disclaimer for getting free reports due to being denied for credit, etc.

Equifax:

http://www.equifax.com/cs7/Satellite?c=EFX_Page_C&childpagename=CP%2FEFX_Page_C%2FGetcreditCP&cid=11...

I tried recently and they told me I had to call them. Maybe they are tired of giving me free reports.

TransUnion:

http://annualcreditreport.transunion.com/tu/disclosure/disclosure.jsp?loc=1470

Easy step-by-step guide will help you in obtaining a free report other than via the annual ACR.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.