Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been doing so good with my credit, something had to happen

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have been doing so good with my credit, something had to happen

I have not been late in over a year and a half and got 2 new CC. Not good ones but they help.

One of them I had to use for an emergency but had money left on it. Today I see from EX that I have a new delinquent account. They took out all of their fees and finance charges and it made me over the limit by $3.00.

They reported it today. Did not even give me the chance to make a payment. Not due till mid month but I always pay on the first.

So, now I have a current derogatory and my score will plunge even lower into the depths of credit unworthiness.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-31-2008 02:09 PM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have been doing so good with my credit, something had to happen

i don't know how that would be reported as a negative (or at least stick on your credit as a negative)...i think a negative would only stick if you did not pay it below your CL the next time it was due...right?

i have been pushed over the CL when they added their fees...but I pay them....and that is that...am I wrong?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious....does it happen to be Capital One??  They did the same to me....man I thought I had paid enough the last payment to cover any upcoming fees....but I was wrong!  I should have made another small payment before the end of the month and it wouldn't had happened!  But the last I had checked it, it looked ok....but

They were sooooo quick to report it to the CRA!  I was starting to do so good too!  So far, no late payments whatsoever!  It's been a year almost!  STill have a long way to go though....good luck to ya!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yeah, as far as the scoring goes...I'm not sure if that will hurt you too bad unless you don't pay it down by next statement.  It will still reflect your high balance as over the limit no matter what though, unless they up your CL, which I doubt they will because they know it will help you and really.......they don't want you to be helped....if this is a sub-prime card, they really would prefer you to not further yourself because most likely you will dump them for a better creditor later...so don't expect any empathy from them....just dust yourself off and keep making your payments on time.....it can't effect you half as much as making a late payment, and it can't keep you down as much if you just continue to keep your payments on time.  Again, good luck to ya...I hope it all works out....don't get too discouraged ok?  It will be ok, really! Just keep pushing forward, that's what I'm trying to do too.
Message 4 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The problem is not that it is reporting as over the credit limit, it is reporting as delinquint, which it is not.  I made by July payment way before the due date. 

It is not a Cap One, it is Cortrustbank.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-31-2008 04:33 PM
Message 5 of 14
granny031350
Established Contributor

have you called them to ask why they reported it as delinquent when you made the payment before the due date?  Perhaps they will erase it if you call them

I just closed my cortrust because of the fees and am paying them off this month.  It lowered my scores to close 3 fee accounts still with balances but I will have them all paid off by Christmas.  I didn't even wait for the 1 year anniversary.  I just closed them.  Now I am glad I did.
Message 6 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As far as I can tell, they only reported as being over the limit.  EX is the one that is reporting it as delinquent.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What the H@ll, Guiness?!! Smiley Mad

You get your patootie on the phone and make them take that crap off. You're a good guy, so I can only imagine that you're a good customer ... so you frickin' DESERVE a break.

Just call until you get a female CSR and you sugar her up. Ask her how her day's been, ask her how she's doing, and use your very best "charm'em-dead" voice and coax her into pulling that ugly off and updating.

All hick-speak aside, you're intelligent, you're persuasive, and you're an honorable guy. You can get this taken off. I know you can!!!

So go call already, and keep calling until you get a nice sounding FEMALE CSR and holler back at us. It ain't over until YOU say it's over.

{{{{{{Hugs!!!}}}}}
Message 8 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Wonderin, you crack me up.  It might just work if I was I guy but, last time I checked I was still a female!

I guess you really can not tell much from a screen name.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-31-2008 06:38 PM
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:
Wonderin, you crack me up.  It might just work if I was I guy but, last time I checked I was still a female!

I guess you really can not tell much from a screen name.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-31-2008 06:38 PM

OMGosh!!! I am so sorry!!! o_O

I think (*blush*) that I thought that because I THINK you mentioned being in the service. Even though I've ALWAYS wanted to join, I tend to assume the male stereotype when I don't know otherwise. (Yeesh, could that have sounded any dumber???)

Anyway, I AM sorry!! I've already made that mistake with Masdecho, so you're definitely in GREAT company!!

Well, Darlin', use those feminine charms on a MALE CSR!!! Just because I'm too dumb to tell a woman from a man doesn't mean the average CSR will be!!!

I think it will work. Really. I was able to sweet-talk a MALE CSR into an immediate and generous CLI at card activation ... even when hubby couldn't.

@Didn't you know??? Girls kick @Anonymous. I read it on a T-shirt!! Smiley Happy

And Darlin', yannow what? I'll bet you could have had a S/N like IAMAWOMAN and dumb ol' me would have STILL thought you were a man!! My chickens don't all roost in the same barn, yannow. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.