Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hope this is a good sign ?

tag
cuti
Regular Contributor

I hope this is a good sign ?

I have been write goodwill email to Discover ask for remove 3 late payment , 4 time in a row they sent me back by regular mail and flat out denial , but this time they respond me with an email and it look like this :
Thank you for your recent correspondence to the Discover®. To ensure the concerns are properly addressed, your correspondence has been forwarded to my attention at the Executive Office of Customer Advocacy within Discover®.

I am currently in the process of investigating your concerns. A detailed response will be sent to you upon completion of my investigation.

If you have any questions or would like to provide additional information, please feel free to contact me at (302) 3..... I am typically available weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., ET.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hope this is a good sign ?

I’m far from experienced with GW letters, but this seems like a positive thing! My hopes are high for you!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Def a good thing when its forwarded to someone who can do something about it.  Hope it comes out good for you. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reply may be a formal response, as the company is likely receiving hundreds if not thousands of these requests on a daily basis. But that does not mean your letter is meaningless or ineffective.  

I have had some success with a GW letter.  In one case, I got a response basically telling me that the information

the lender reports, by law, has to be accurate.  It appeared to be a flat out denial.  (I had 3 lates, spread out over just a few years) A few weeks later, when I pulled my CRs, the lates were removed!

With so many businesses citing law, even while they break the law,  don't be surprised if you get a denial.  If so, keep pushing and try again in another 1-2 months.  If you haven't already, immediately set that account up for auto-pay.  This sends another message to the co that you are that you are serious about keeping your payments up.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.