Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hope this isn't a stupid question!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this isn't a stupid question!

So I'm trying to get positive credit.I have 3 secured credit cards but I see that I need atleast 1 installment loan but I know my credit isn't good enough to get one. Is there such a thing to get a secured installment loan through a bank where i take a loan out put that money in a saving as colladeral plus the interest (my money) and when its due they will take the money out of the locked savings account? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: I hope this isn't a stupid question!

Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Are you eligible for membership to NFCU or do you reside in TX?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm trying to get positive credit.I have 3 secured credit cards but I see that I need atleast 1 installment loan but I know my credit isn't good enough to get one. Is there such a thing to get a secured installment loan through a bank where i take a loan out put that money in a saving as colladeral plus the interest (my money) and when its due they will take the money out of the locked savings account? 

Yes there is company called Self Lender. They have a credit builder loan that is exactly what you described. You can do the smallest amount because to get the boost to your score for optimizing " credit mix" it does not what the size of the loan.

https://www.self.inc

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

all zero I do have NFCU but i have a few bad accounts with them im hoping to take care of soon. I'm a resident of Texas I have a Texas DL but I currently live in Louisiana.

Message 5 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

all zero I do have NFCU but i have a few bad accounts with them im hoping to take care of soon. I'm a resident of Texas I have a Texas DL but I currently live in Louisiana.

@Anonymous   I would recommend the 5 year SSL at NFCU or SSFCU

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I likely get approved with them I still have negatived outstanding balances with them I’m working on fixing. And it’s 5 years is there some info here on the fourms on that?
Message 7 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Will I likely get approved with them I still have negatived outstanding balances with them I’m working on fixing. And it’s 5 years is there some info here on the fourms on that?

You'll have to contact Navy. I don't know your current situation with them.

The link GApeachy posted up thread should give you some guidance on the SSL.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.