Did you mean: 

I love Experian...TU is 2nd place.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love Experian...TU is 2nd place.

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking at your scores, I would leave well enough alone with EQ and just wait it out. The only reason I jumped so hard on EE for TU is because that score was only 652. I really should have been satisfied with my EX 670 since I don’t have any apps until July anyway but I got impatient. Live and learn I guess. 

Don't feel bad.  I have no apps planned for the forseeable future (or at least, not until after everything ages to 7y naturally), and I was still too impatient to wait.   This board is sometimes a bad influence on me Smiley Embarassed

Yeah the board can definitely do that to me too. The last six cards in my sig probably wouldn’t be there if I hadn’t found the board! smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 11 of 25
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

I have 2 old student loans on my report, last reported 2014.  I decided to call Ex.

"I'd like to speak to a supervisor as I would like to request and early exclusion on 2 items on my credit report"  

Rep: I'll verify the reports and I can probably take care of it.  

Rep: I see the 2 credit items.  I will delete them and they will be removed within 24-72 hours.

I get these alerts for a dispute opened a few hours later last night...wake up this morning, dispute completed and they are both removed. 

They are always so easy to work with.

Ex.jpg

I had the same experience with EX when trying for an EE on my old student loan accounts. Some people get freaked out when they hear "dispute" but that's just how EX deletes these things. I myself freaked out, but it was resolved and deleted within 24-48 hours just like they said! Super congrats!!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, congrats. I’m coming around to your positive opinion of EX now too. I called last week to EE an old chargeoff and was told that because of the NY 5-year Purge Law, it was already being deleted early, so no dice.

Ok, HUCA.

Got off the phone with a different guy 15 minutes ago who said exactly what you heard - “I’ll open the dispute now and it should be gone in 24-72 hours.” Just waiting for the EX alert of the dispute, and shortly after my EX report should be one step closer to clean 👍
Message 13 of 25
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
OP, congrats. I’m coming around to your positive opinion of EX now too. I called last week to EE an old chargeoff and was told that because of the NY 5-year Purge Law, it was already being deleted early, so no dice.

Ok, HUCA.

Got off the phone with a different guy 15 minutes ago who said exactly what you heard - “I’ll open the dispute now and it should be gone in 24-72 hours.” Just waiting for the EX alert of the dispute, and shortly after my EX report should be one step closer to clean 👍

Nice and glad to hear!  I think overall they are good.  Sometimes it depends on the rep who answers which is why I always ask to speak to a supervisor about an EE immediately.  When I ask for a supervisor, sometimes I think it gives the rep an "I can do this too" attitude so they want to show they don't need a supervisor to handle it.

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first time I called, the CSR said he could do it with a supervisor’s ok but he needed me to hold while he asked. Came back and said the supervisor shot it down, sorry. Turns out all EE is done via the dispute department - they’re the ones who can amend reports. This time it was simple. I asked for the supervisor and was told that the dispute people were who I needed, hold a minute and I’ll be transferred. Once I was there it was quick and easy.

Gonna hold my breath a little until I see it gone but I have a good feeling about it based on how my call went and on your results.
Message 15 of 25
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

It will happen.  You will get the dispute open notification, several hours later or overnight, you will get a 2nd one that says we're almost done or we're working hard and then you get the 3rd notification that the results are ready...presto, deleted!  Looking forward to hearing your results.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and I am too. I anticipate minimal gain as the TL is 4 years 9 months old, has been paid off for a few years, and is not my last old derog. I’ll be happy even with no score change (although some points are welcome), just knowing that another derog is history and gone forever.

That being said, when I got an EE on TU for it a couple months ago, in conjunction with a paydown of aggregate UTI through a threshold on 3 individual cards, I saw a gain of 18 points even with 3 live unpaid medical collections active at the time (which are since deleted), and with it being toward the older end of my accounts, which shortened my AAoA. With no active collections on EX, just two other older aged and closed derogs, it’ll be interesting to see if the gain is more or less than on TU, or if it’s a gain at all.

Main benefit though is a profile that’s one derog cleaner than it was yesterday.
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - just logged into my EX app and had the notification that the dispute was opened 👍
Message 18 of 25
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

You should see the next one in a few hours, if not it will be while you are asleep tonight and you'll likely wake up with the results as well!  

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup the dispute is active now. I’d love to wake up to a delete alert Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.