cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Trying To Improve My Score

tag
hpfan10016

I'm Trying To Improve My Score

I have a few accounts on my credit report that have went very deliquent.  This was because, at the age of 18, I thought that CCs were cool and decided to get them.....and then not pay them.  My question:  Though these items have went into collection (also charged off from original creditor), if I paid them in full, would it help my credit?  I understand that bad debts will remain on my credit report for seven years, but will paying them boost my score?  Thank you for your help.

Message Edited by hpfan10016 on 07-25-2008 10:49 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm Trying To Improve My Score

FICO reads the CO  and Date reported......every update will keep scores low.....all COs paid & unpaid in the eyes of FICO are scored the same.

By paying it will look better on a manual pull but will not raise your score!!!

If this is NOT being reported by a CA along with the OC.......paying should keep a CA from being assign or the account sold.

You can try a PFD to the OC   BUT most CC COs are not accepted.

What is the DOFD/DOLA  and your SOL on this debt?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the money to pay the charge-offs in full now?
Message 3 of 4
hpfan10016

Yes, i do.  I am planning to pay once I get all of my information straight.  I was just curious if it would help my credit.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.