Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m back, I fudged up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m back, I fudged up!

Hey folks, many of you have helped me in the past and I appreciate that. I am coming back because I messed up and I'm extremely disappointed.  My Fico score with experience app is 680, I was in the 700s all thanks you y'all help! I'll post my issues below please let me know if there's anything that I can do. 

0 collections

8 opened accounts

10 closed accounts

Fingerhut charge off opened May 15 0 balance the collection is removed and I've done a hundred goodwill letters to no avail. 

Benchmark FCU charge off 3/19 I thought I closed this account I didn't and a reoccurring Netflix or something happened. It's a very small charge off, I currently bank with them and have my direct deposit with them. I've begged for them to remove it they won't, should I switch banks?

PNC bank:

very recent 30 day late about three months ago. PNC is very stubborn I've been in the branch, sent emails and letters they won't budge. 

illastoy is it worthwhile to use a service that removes inquiries and tries to remove baddies? I doubt it'll work for them since it didn't work for me but I really want to buy a home in the next few months. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: I’m back, I fudged up!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey folks, many of you have helped me in the past and I appreciate that. I am coming back because I messed up and I'm extremely disappointed.  My Fico score with experience app is 680, I was in the 700s all thanks you y'all help! I'll post my issues below please let me know if there's anything that I can do. 

0 collections

8 opened accounts

10 closed accounts

Fingerhut charge off opened May 15 0 balance the collection is removed and I've done a hundred goodwill letters to no avail. 

Benchmark FCU charge off 3/19 I thought I closed this account I didn't and a reoccurring Netflix or something happened. It's a very small charge off, I currently bank with them and have my direct deposit with them. I've begged for them to remove it they won't, should I switch banks?

PNC bank:

very recent 30 day late about three months ago. PNC is very stubborn I've been in the branch, sent emails and letters they won't budge. 

illastoy is it worthwhile to use a service that removes inquiries and tries to remove baddies? I doubt it'll work for them since it didn't work for me but I really want to buy a home in the next few months. 

Dont hire any credit services. They'll just dispute these over and over and trash wherever your score is. In a way this kinda falls on you. You thought you closed the account at BFCU though it wasnt. Not their fault. You paid late on PNC. Should have had some money in a savings account for times like this. Most banks and so on if you call ahead of time before a baddie happens they will work with you before lates and CO's happen.  Some will give you a pass and put the payment on the end with a loan or pay the interest for the month. Especially with covid relief programs everywhere. Only thing left is keep trying GW's. I'm in no way getting on your case. Most or all all of these baddies could have been taken care of or worked out before they happened by communicating with the banks. All you can do now is make sure all debts are paid. Let time heal the CO's because really no one deletes CO's. Whatever got you into this position. Sorry it happened.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lmao I never said it wasn't on me the title literally said I fudged up which is taking responsibility. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply asking if there's anything I can do, I pay 2100 in rent now which is annoying since it' not my home. I know I can get approved for a mortgage as is but it's not going to be as favorable. 

Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

0 collections

8 opened accounts

10 closed accounts

Fingerhut charge off opened May 15 0 balance the collection is removed and I've done a hundred goodwill letters to no avail. Charge off deletions really isnt going to be successful.

Benchmark FCU charge off 3/19 I thought I closed this account I didn't and a reoccurring Netflix or something happened. It's a very small charge off, I currently bank with them and have my direct deposit with them. I've begged for them to remove it they won't, should I switch banks? Hopefully the CO is PIF to stay in their good graces. Dont know if they are like NFCU and give second chances. No need to switch banks for future credit as CU's have the lowest APR's.

PNC bank:

very recent 30 day late about three months ago. PNC is very stubborn I've been in the branch, sent emails and letters they won't budge. PNC is not lknown for GW's on lates.

illastoy is it worthwhile to use a service that removes inquiries and tries to remove baddies? I doubt it'll work for them since it didn't work for me but I really want to buy a home in the next few months. Never hire any credit repair service promising to remove things from credit reports. Removing inq's or HP's wont happen. They are the smallest of a score ding anyway.

For FHA. The most important credit history is the most recent. If the charge off is from the last 12 – 24 months, it may cause an FHA loan to be denied. However, if the charge off is from more than 2 years ago, you may still close on a FHA loan.

Message 5 of 11
SoonerSoldier33
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

0 collections

8 opened accounts

10 closed accounts

An OC is never removing a CO tradeline via goodwill. It just never happens. The CO is closed and reporting a $0 balance. You've done the best you can with this. It will age now, and affect your scores less over time. Time is all that can help this tradeline now.

Again, an OC is never removing a CO tradeline. Pay it off, get the balance reporting to $0, and move on. As for switching banks, I mean I guess if you're unhappy with your bank for whatever reason, you can always switch, but if you're just mad bc they won't remove an OC CO tradeline, you're mad for no reason. No bank will do that.

PNC bank:

For a 30 day late, goodwill success varies by different lenders. All I can say on this is to keep trying goodwill saturation, and write letters to the CEO or high ranking board members/officers. The lower level customer service can't help you. 

Credit 'repair' services will likely just make things worse. Once the 2 COs are both reporting $0 balances, time is all that will help. You can keep trying goodwill removal of the 30 day late. Not sure how much score benefit you'll see with recent COs reporting, but it couldn't hurt if they agree to remove it. Other than that, it's just time now. No quick fix for COs once the balances are at $0.

Team Garden Club as of Oct 2021
Message 6 of 11
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

Buy the home, eat the extra cost and refi down the road. Never have understood renting unless short term. Done it before, all it does is make someone else money.

Message 7 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Credit "repair" services aren't going to help you. In fact, as others have mentioned, they would only make things worse.

Honestly, all you can do is keep trying GW, but getting COs removed isn't going to happen. There's nothing to really be done here. Just make sure those COs are fully paid and closed and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 11
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

it's a sellers market right now, housing prices are crazy, out of this world prices!!

it's better to buy a house when prices are down. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 9 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Well, things happen.  All you CAN do is just wait it out.  You won't really know where you stand MTG wise unless you speak to a lender.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.   If you're paying $2100 in rent, it may be best to take a little interest 'hit' and get yourself into a house or condo.  You can refi down the road.   

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.