Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm done! I give up.

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I'm done! I give up.

I am done.  I have worked on my credit or 2 years now, concentrating hard on it over the last year.  I have had almost 0 success getting negatives removed.  I have had one bill recalled by the OC and that is the ONLY success I've had in repairing my credit.  I hadn't had any negatives put on my credit in about 15 months.  I have DV'd stuff with no success.  I have GW'd collectors more times than I can count on paid accounts and every one refuses.  I have asked several OC's to recall debts so that I may pay them and with the exception of the one none of the rest of them will even consider it.  I have payment arrangements set up with countless CA's and OC's and have upheld all my ends and make all the payments like I should.  I stay completely broke, struggling to make ends meet bc of this.  My score has merely crept up. 

I had a utility bill from 2011 that I did not have arrangements with but was paying as I could.  2 years later they sent it to collections.  I DV'd them.  Got the confirmation just today that they had received my DV.   I got a score watch alert today that a new collection had been added to my credit reports.  The CA reported it.  The letter I got from them was addressed 10/02/2013 but I received it about 10 days before the end of Oct.  The alert says they were hired 09/01/2013 to collect and reported it 10/01/2013.  My score fell about 24 pts today.   They haven't responded to my DV.  If they were hired 09/01/2013 why did they wait a full month to mail me the letter?  And why is it dated 10/01/2013 as the date it was reported to my credit?  It also says in the comments that the consumer disputes this account information.   I don't even care at this point.  It doesn't even matter.  Tha damage is done.

I GIVE UP! I'M DONE!  Nothing is working for me, nothing.  The only reason my score ever rose is bc of my credit cards in good standing.   I'm done, I'm done, I'm done.

New collection on debt by:            ONLINE COLLECTIONS GRVL        
    Reported: 10/1/2013   
In 9/1/2013, the collection agency ONLINE COLLECTIONS GRVL was hired by creditor Not Reported to collect $271 in debts  on account number XXXXXXXXXXXXX4624.
Original balance:$271Agency name:ONLINE COLLECTIONS GRVL
Current balance:$271Agency number:885YA00026
Status (as of 10/1/2013) :UNPAIDAgency industry:Not Reported
First delinquency:10/1/2011Original creditor:885YA00026
Last payment:Not on Record  
Description:Consumer disputes this account information

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm done! I give up.

How (not)humerous...the last negative on my reports was the OC for the new collection today.  Same stinking bill doing twice the damage. 

Message 2 of 43
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I can't even imagine your pain. But please keep up the fight! Things will get better! Don't let them win you have the Fico family for help and support. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Don't give up. Sometimes you have to take a step back because of the stress and frustrations you are going through now. When you get that next burst of energy add them to your list like chores or a to do list. Sometimes just giving your mind a time out of a week or two will make it better.

My DH had a CA that had been reporting since '08, he did the dispute thing and it always came back verified. Then like most CAs it was sold over and over again. Last year, he was like you...nope not dealing with it anymore. To make matters worse, it was not even his debt -identity theft- After looking for advice here, yep one of the reasons why I joined, I contacted the BBB, AG office and voila it was off in less than 3 weeks.

I have been a loyal follower since then and although everyone's predicament may not be successful - most of us have been in your shoes and are here when you want to vent.
Message 4 of 43
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

I can certainly understand where you're coming from.  Sometimes it feels like you get one step forward and three steps back - but don't give up.  As others have said, step back, take a break from it all.  Then when you get revived, take on one or two of your accounts and focus on them.  Once you get somewhere with them, pick another couple and continue on until you get where you want to be. 

It can be frustrating, but unfortunately, it takes us years (usually) to ruin our credit, so it may take just as many to fix it.  It is worth the fight!

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 5 of 43
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

I think it helps me not to think of it as a struggle but rather a hobby. A hobby that I'm slightly madly obsessed with, but in a good way.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 6 of 43
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@shellie, please don't give up. A few days ago I created an "I need a break" thread...a member of our fico family suggested that I only work on credit 30 mins or so a day. Its only been a few days, but it has been working for me. I know its hard not to look at your score or reports, but a break from "knowing" might be what you need as well.

Nibbles gives great advice--pick a couple unpaid items to work on and when you finish those work on one or two more accounts....I am not a big fan of payment plans with CAs anyway; I think its best to pay in full or settle in full one at a time. Only do what you can afford. 

Oh, and try to do something for yourself.  I noticed that when I spend ALL of my money on bills (old, current or new), I feel like I am working just to pay bills. Sooooooo, save $50 and go get a facial or massage..whatever it is you can enjoy on a $50 budget. Relax, we are all in this together.  Smiley Happy

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 43
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I GENUINELY appreciate this forum and everyone on it. 

What makes things worse is the fact that I really don't have all that many negatives to work.

I have 3 paid medicals-worked these to death, no luck.

3 unpaids-can't afford to pay right now but will at tax time

1 tax lien-working

1 utility-that now is in collections reporting

Excluding the tax lien I have less than $1000 in junk on my credit.

I am so stinking broke right now I can't do squat.  I have $25 payment arrangements with several places, both OC and CA.  $25 sounds piddly but when you add them all up its a lot.  I make less than $25k year and have 2 kids to raise.  This was a huge blow to me.  Huge.

I am not going to stop any of my payments and keep making sure nothing else goes on there but I'm done.  For now at least.  I will pay things off when I get my taxes done this year and re-start the process.

I just want a house.

Message 8 of 43
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

I noticed you mentioned all the derogs on your report, do you have any positive tradelines?
Stay the course, one day you'll give great advice to future people on this board in your same predicament.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 9 of 43
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Hi Shellie things take time just try to take a break from time too time. For the medical bills have you tryed the HIPPA PROCRESS? I will send you a PM if you haven't already.
Samsung mobile
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.