Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm everyones Reject

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm everyones Reject

Thanks for the positive reinforcements!  I was reading a lot of the negative reviews on First Premier and there are SO MANY of them...but I am going into it with eyes wide open...I know the fees they charge but I look at it as a price I pay to get some good credit reporting....it is not something I want to pay for but I am not being approved for anything else so I may as well active them...they are not cards to go on vacations with...put Netflix Membership on it and PIF every month so why do I care if the interest is 39% if I am not carrying a balance....right??? Does that sound like a good plan???  I've thought about not activating them after I read all the negative reviews but I took the hit for the HP so why not just stick with it I guess...I did get $750 HSN I can see that one growing for me more quickly then any of them if I use it and PIF it every month on something small... I hear they are generous with increases after some time. The credit building loan at my bank is a $2500 loan...they take my $2500 put it in a CD then give me the loan for $2500 so I can put that money right back in savings and just pay the payments each month and at the end of the term I have another $2500 to add to my savings...so I think of that as just a savings account that I am paying into every money because in the end I will get that money all back.  Win/Win there...and its from my bank that I have been with for 30 years so that should be helpful.  Uggg...Cancer has taken so much from my family....it brings me to tears thinking about it all...thanks again for the replies!

Message 11 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You may think your everyones reject but in the end you are life's winner!

Way to stay positive! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 23
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its been a month since my discharge...score is 589 and I just spent the night racking up hits on my credit to no avail...this whole thing is heartbreaking...no one approved me...I tried for gasoline card, victoria secret, overstock, wayfair, all I ended up with was approvals from First Premier $500, Total Visa $300,  Milestone $300 and HSN $750 ugggg....I burned EVERYONE in my bankruptcy Capone, Discover, Chase, Credit One, Barkley, Walmart....I don't think I have any options but to take these stupid gutter credit lines for a while.  I am getting a credit building loan from my bank tomorrow for $2500...they don't even pull my credit report for it so at least there is that...I am heartsick that I took a hit with all those pulls...I even tried the shopping cart trick with wayfair and nadda....I feel so rejected and disgusted that I now have all those pulls....what can I do...all the great advise here about rebuilding usually include Cap One cards and I burned them badly Smiley Sad  Im more upset that I took all those hits probably 7 or 8 and ended up with nothing for it!  Gahhh...so frustrated I want to hide in a hole!!! Smiley Sad

While I can have sympathy for your situation having been in BK myself once, I do not understand your rush to get new debt. When I had my financial meltdown, I swore I'd never use credit again. I was so tired of dodging bill collectors I was just wanting to learn to handle my finances without all the debt. I remained debt free except for my existing mortgage for 10 years...and then viola the BK falls off and near 800 credit score. More important, necessity had taught me to handle my money wisely, which I have used to my advantage. Now I carry 14 premium credit cards which I PIF every month...they make me money!!! Learn to live on cash only for a while, and then you will learn how to prevent repeating the mistakes of the past. When I filed BK I felt like a failure, and the last thing I wanted to do was go in debt again. If I were to almost drown, it would take a while to go swimming again.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, Im sorry if you misunderstood me in some way but I am in no way in a rush to get into debt in any sense of the word. I never had any bill collectors calling me, I never had to dodge anyone or be afraid to answer my phone or stressing that my car would not be there when I woke up in the morning...I was Very responsible with my credit (my utilization was high because I was using them to help make ends meet but my score prior to bankruptcy was 698)...I have Zero late payment marks on any of my accounts and a 100% payment history...my BK7 was because of multiple cancer surgeries and an unexpected move which was making it near impossible to make ends meet. However I was current on all my accounts and had been current for the past 10 years or more and I think that is where my frustration is with only being approved for the gutter card but I understand that is what happens with a BK7.  Charging $7.99 netflix membership a month on a $300 credit card is not exactly "rushing to get into debt".  Would I like to get approved for better cards then the subprime scum bags...well certainly I would....the plan is to get a few cards in which to begin my rebuild...you can not do that without trying to show some positive payment history even I guess if that history is with scumbag predatory lenders at first....sitting for years without applying or having any revolving credit is not the best way to get your score to recover quickly, I certainly do not intend to wait 10 years for my credit to rebound so the quicker I get moving on a repair the better...at least that is what I have gathered from the millions of post here on My Fico.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, Im sorry if you misunderstood me in some way but I am in no way in a rush to get into debt in any sense of the word. I never had any bill collectors calling me, I never had to dodge anyone or be afraid to answer my phone or stressing that my car would not be there when I woke up in the morning...I was Very responsible with my credit (my utilization was high because I was using them to help make ends meet but my score prior to bankruptcy was 698)...I have Zero late payment marks on any of my accounts and a 100% payment history...my BK7 was because of multiple cancer surgeries and an unexpected move which was making it near impossible to make ends meet. However I was current on all my accounts and had been current for the past 10 years or more and I think that is where my frustration is with only being approved for the gutter card but I understand that is what happens with a BK7.  Charging $7.99 netflix membership a month on a $300 credit card is not exactly "rushing to get into debt".  Would I like to get approved for better cards then the subprime scum bags...well certainly I would....the plan is to get a few cards in which to begin my rebuild...you can not do that without trying to show some positive payment history even I guess if that history is with scumbag predatory lenders at first....sitting for years without applying or having any revolving credit is not the best way to get your score to recover quickly, I certainly do not intend to wait 10 years for my credit to rebound so the quicker I get moving on a repair the better...at least that is what I have gathered from the millions of post here on My Fico.

I totally understand your frustration, but I also understand Sarge's point of view too. I didn't app for anything until 6 months after BK, and I think that 6 months may have helped me get some better cards faster, not sure, maybe someone with more experience can add something. But, anyways, my DH and I learned to pay cash for everything, and learned to say no to buying impulses. We learned what we needed as opposed to what we merely wanted. I really found it to be refreshing. I needed to learn new habits. With the medical bills, you were put in a bad place, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. As was said earlier, you have to start somewhere, so just get all you can out of those cards. I believe if you don't have any lates or other derogs than the BK, things will get better quicker than you think. I am saying that because like you, other than BK, there is not a single thing bad on my credit history. We, like you, always paid the bills...and then resoved to live on the food that was already in the cupboards for a while, LOL! The only thing I have that you don't is an installment loan (a student loan that of course didn't die in BK, and I'm glad because it is helping me now). It's hard, I know because I want results like right now! I want my old scores back, but BK is a serious deal. In the end, I think we can come out stronger than before because of it, though. And that is pretty cool!

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree...I tried to reaffirm one of our car loans but the judge refused it....I am getting a Credit building type loan from my bank on monday...there is no credit pull from it and it will show positive to all 3 ccb....then I am going to sit tight with what I have for 6 months...or maybe 11 months...I would like to get out of these subprime cards before the annual fees hit again...I do not plan on using them at all...just putting either the netflix or something small like that on one and pif it when I get the bill each month. Im certainly not looking for a card with a high limit to go off on a spending spree....with all the debt cleared up we have no trouble using cash now and the ends meet up enough now that I can tie a knot in that rope and hold on Smiley Happy  You are right...the BK was a serious thing...it sucks...we had a decent score before and the only reason it was not higher was my utilization was extremely high but I had 100% positive payment history...I hope that history will still help going forward...I am glad others understand....thanks for the reply I so appreciate the support from others!!!

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer. I was just diagnosed with uterine cancer a couple of months ago. It's been stressful.

Were you unable to get any secured cards? Rushing into subprime so fast just seems foolish to me. I avoided those cards in my rebuild at all costs. I wish I could get out of this subprime auto loan! It's a nightmare!!

Message 17 of 23
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I indeed failed to see that the cause of BK was medical bills as a result of cancer. I wonder if there might have been a better option than a BK in that case though..ie..gofundme, church, medical debt forgiveness on compassionate grounds or very affordable payments on these debts. This does not change the fact that getting tied up with subprime lenders is in my opinion not the wisest move. Keeping a very clean credit file for a couple of years and then applying for premium credit cards may be wiser. I find that when a BK is due to medical bills creditors are much more forgiving, they are human and realize that it was caused by a catastrophic event rather than poor credit decisions. You have been through a lot and I truly hope you do not sacrafice future stability for some immediate satisfaction. I would urge you to practice patience for an overall better future. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in any case. I do understand the overwhelming desire to recapture what was so cruelly lost due to no fault of your own as quickly as possible, but some of these subprime lenders are absolute vultures looking to make obscene profits off of the misfortune of others. I am sorry for not reading your later post, which caused me to sound somewhat insensetive and ask your forgiveness for that. You may also want to add comments at all 3 CRA's explaining the reason for filing BK! You can add consumer comment to credit file...just a thought!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 18 of 23
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I indeed failed to see that the cause of BK was medical bills as a result of cancer. I wonder if there might have been a better option than a BK in that case though..ie..gofundme, church, medical debt forgiveness on compassionate grounds or very affordable payments on these debts. This does not change the fact that getting tied up with subprime lenders is in my opinion not the wisest move. Keeping a very clean credit file for a couple of years and then applying for premium credit cards may be wiser. I find that when a BK is due to medical bills creditors are much more forgiving, they are human and realize that it was caused by a catastrophic event rather than poor credit decisions. You have been through a lot and I truly hope you do not sacrafice future stability for some immediate satisfaction. I would urge you to practice patience for an overall better future. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in any case. I do understand the overwhelming desire to recapture what was so cruelly lost due to no fault of your own as quickly as possible, but some of these subprime lenders are absolute vultures looking to make obscene profits off of the misfortune of others. I am sorry for not reading your later post, which caused me to sound somewhat insensetive and ask your forgiveness for that. You may also want to add comments at all 3 CRA's explaining the reason for filing BK! You can add consumer comment to credit file...just a thought!

This is cut and paste from my equifax report

Consumer Statement

You have no Consumer Statement on file.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 19 of 23
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

One month is a short time to wait, some of your files might not be updated yet.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.