Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm giving up....there's no point

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

I'm giving up....there's no point

I had managed to pay off or rid myself of everything except PRA on EX and TU, and was going to wait out the rest and now I just found out that National Credit Adjusters is about to destroy my life by reporting a collection that I made a payment agreement on.  What's the point of paying them if they're just going to ruin my life by reporting a new collection?  I give up rebuilding my credit....it's just one setback after another.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm giving up....there's no point

@haleyjen wrote:

I had managed to pay off or rid myself of everything except PRA on EX and TU, and was going to wait out the rest and now I just found out that National Credit Adjusters is about to destroy my life by reporting a collection that I made a payment agreement on.  What's the point of paying them if they're just going to ruin my life by reporting a new collection?  I give up rebuilding my credit....it's just one setback after another.

You can't give up!

I had the worse credit in the world. I wanted to throw in the towel too. 

Did you have a deal with them not to report if you made on time payments?

Message 2 of 8
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

They wouldn't guarantee non-reporting.  I start the payment plan Tuesday.  Another poster told me that they reported her even though she is on a payment plan.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haleyjen wrote:

They wouldn't guarantee non-reporting.  I start the payment plan Tuesday.  Another poster told me that they reported her even though she is on a payment plan.

So they haven't reported yet? Your concerned because of the information you obtained from another poster?

Call and speak to a supervisor and attempt to an agreement. Verbal is all you need. Never hurts to try.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haleyjen wrote:

I'm with Donny.  Don't give up Haleyjen.

What is the SOL on this collection?  Sometimes it is 1 step forward and 2 steps back.  I'm close to having a clean report for the first time in 10 years and I can see the light of day again.  When I started rebuilding I had two accounts with Midland that hadn't updated since they bought the accounts, but once I started cleaning things up, they started updating monthly, but eventually I paid them off and thanks to CFPB, they got removed.   You've done great.  Everyone is proud of the progress you've made so far.  Even worse case scenario, they report, you have enough decent tradelines to ride this storm.  Barclays approved me with paid collections and so did Amex.  You can get past this.

I have faith in you.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Don't give up... 

I almost gave up... with scores in the 480 range in 2015... and now, with hard work...I'm 740-750... and I only have one paid CO on my CR's    keep the faith!! 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't give up!

You have some trade lines I would kill for! I've been dying to get Overstock and Ulta! You're doing really well.

There's been plenty of times I've felt like giving up, such as when TU refused to remove my HUGE federal tax lien after EX and EQ did remove it. But you have to keep going. One more bad account probably won't hurt you as bad as you think, and they might not even report.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Calm down
Life if long if we don't die today
So if we're gonna have to live anyway, you may as well buck up😎

2) Truth as I mentioned above you're likely to still be here 10, 20, 30, 40 months from now ( can't even finish H.S.) in that amount of time you can go from zero to hero
And like I said, you're likely to have to live this life a long time so don't let bleeps of time kill your spirit.
Remember, when that dance meant 'everything' you know the one that one year? Point is we live.

3) In it's purest form....over time pay what you owe...build positive history as you pay off and age negates the old and you'll survive and eventually THRIVE but the 'give up' mentality WILL keep you in a loser's circle for life
Please don't succumb to that way of seeing the world.

If 'it' doesn't happen in 6 weeks, 6 more months ain't gonna kill ya it'll all be a blur ( like that dance) when you look back, even if it takes 20 months c'mon that's less than 2 years and 'how many' years you got left to live well?

Chin up
You'll be fine 😉
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.