cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm hoping to rebuild my credit (My progress thread)

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm hoping to rebuild my credit

@Anonymous wrote:
A little update, seeing improvement in my scores. Finally got out of the 500 range across the board.

Last FICO update I made here: 566 (EQ), 602 (TU), 591(EX)

Current: 607 (EQ), 615 (TU), 620 (EX)

Will come back and update in 2-3 months. I’m so relieved to not see 5xx anymore in any of my fico scores.

Nice! Congratulations Smiley Wink.     

Did you ever receive a final decision from First Premier? 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 31 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Yep, they basicslly said exactly what you said they were gonna say...no we have to report accurately, etc.
Message 32 of 54
thornback
Senior Contributor

Oh. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. But - at least your scores will begin to recover. And you're in good company - I'm stuck with them too 🙃.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 33 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s been a year now since I created this thread. Time to update. I have not raised it as much as i’d have hoped in a span of a year but it has gotten better for sure. It’s really my fault that is not higher, I had some hiccups along the way.

557(EX) is now 633 - +76 increase
572(TU) is now 645 - +73
575(EX) is now 646 - +71
Message 34 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn’t sure if I should post this in the cc app forum or here, but I figure since this card is part of my rebuild and it’s a card known for people who are rebuilding I will post it here as part of my progress. I just got approved for a cap1 platinum card for $2k. I was surprised to get approved first of all, secondly for that high a cl. Cap1 seemed to have forgiven my 2 PIF charge off’s I guess, because just in feb they approved me for an auto loan of $21k and now they approve me for their unsecured plat card. I’m def happy about this one and the cl. I know it’s kinda seen as the official-unofficial best unsecured rebuilding card on these forums so i’m glad I got it.

For anyone rebuilding and wondering, my 3 fico scores are still on the low side, the avg is 646. I’m optimistic about where my scores will be by Dec 2019. Hoping for something like 680+ by years end.
Message 35 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I need help with something.

I called comenity bank/eddie bauer about my paid charged off account with them and they told me they don’t have that account anymore and gave me Midland Funding’s number. So I called Midland to ask them when can they take off my paid collection off my credit reports, they said my account is eligible at 2 years, which would be after May 1st 2019. I asked to clarify if my collection account would be removed off mt reports after May 1st, she said yes that’s correct the tradeline will be removed after May since it’s paid, it will take 45-60 days to reflect on the credit reports.

So here is my question, since Comenity/Eddie B don’t own my account anymore, how can I get them to also remove it from my reports after Midland Funding drops off?
Message 36 of 54
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So I need help with something.

I called comenity bank/eddie bauer about my paid charged off account with them and they told me they don’t have that account anymore and gave me Midland Funding’s number. So I called Midland to ask them when can they take off my paid collection off my credit reports, they said my account is eligible at 2 years, which would be after May 1st 2019. I asked to clarify if my collection account would be removed off mt reports after May 1st, she said yes that’s correct the tradeline will be removed after May since it’s paid, it will take 45-60 days to reflect on the credit reports.

So here is my question, since Comenity/Eddie B don’t own my account anymore, how can I get them to also remove it from my reports after Midland Funding drops off?

Only way is to get a goodwill deletion but if they sold it and took a large loss they may not be in the mood to grant such a request. GWs are more likely the older an account gets from the time of CO.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 37 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i'll look into that.

Idk what's considered a large loss but I don't think it was large, it was $550.

Message 38 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

EQ: 650
TU: 646
EX: 658

I’m glad i’m climbing up. Gonna be in the 650’s+ on all 3 soon i’m sure.

680 goal across all three by the end of the year is looking doable. My cap1 plat card just came in Monday too, looking forward to start building even more and hoping for a decent cli in 5 months. It would even be nicer if I can shatter my 680 goal.
Message 39 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a question.

If TU and EX are reporting my Comenity/Eddie Bauer credit limit inaccurately, and I have proof that the credit limit is off by about 50%, according to multiple statements that I managed to retrieve through my email due to having paperless statements that show otherwise , is that grounds to dispute the account? This has always been reported wrongfully like this but I never paid any mind to it, but while reading this forum I have been learning to watch out for inaccuracies in my reports.

TU and EX are showing $350 credit limit, with a balance of $580 at the time of CO. My e-statements show that my CL is $650.

The account is currently gone from EQ btw, after disputing it, but idk if it will come back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Btw, I called Comenity/Eddie Bauer and they told me they no longer have that account and to call Midland Credit.

Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.