Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in total shock

tag
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

I'm in total shock

After a messy divorce years ago that ruined my credit, I just gave up on getting any kind of desent credit. All I had after the divorce was a mountain of cc debt that my x had gotten and ran up in my name without without my knowledge. I knew if I let those 30 or so credit cards be split between us I would never see the light of day as far a having decent credit was concerned. So I took the entire cc debt as part of the divorce. After working overtime, weekends, and a second job for 5 years I was able to pay all the debt off but at the time my credit had tanked. After that I had only an American Express Gold Rewards Plus and a credit union credit Visa card with a 500 limit.  Now fast foward 15 years. I've since completed a colledge degree in the medical field, bought a used car which is now paid off and paid off all student loans. I recently thought of buying a new car since the current one I have has 280,000 miles. The only credit cards I had were the AGRP and the Visa with a limit of 1000.  Over the past couple of years I have ran the 1000-2000 a month thru the Amex card. So I checked my credit scores on Myfico just knowing that they were going to be low and to my amazement: EX 793, EQ 794, TU 796, to say the least I'm totally shocked. I've been reading all the information on the boards since Feb/13 and I'm amazed that just by pure luck I did what many of you suggest. All I can say is that the advice given on this site is totally correct.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm in total shock

15 years is a long time, but congratulations!  its nice to have good credit.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

It sure is. I just knew my credit would still be bad but I'm glad everything ended up well. Now I've just got to keep it that way and to continue to pay on time.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Thank you for posting your story! It is heartwarming to see how well you can recover after a divoce and financial meltdown. Congratulations on all of your hard work - you deserve those great scores! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.