Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new here and really giving this a shot - Thanks

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm new here and really giving this a shot - Thanks

@JPeanut503 wrote:

Grats to the success that you have had so far Smiley Happy   On the denied GWs you will need to keep trying, I advise once a month write the letter and keep it up till you get the desired result, it may take time to get them all done..

Thanks. Even if I have heard directly from the EO's I should try again? Should I try the same email address for the ones I have them for or keep trying other avenues?

I would continue to write and MAIL a professional letter to the EO every month. I am old school and believe the best way is the old fashioned way, I personally never have thought that email was capable of the personal touch or the best results in this type of thing. I will tell you my longest GW request took 3 years to get accomplished.

Message 11 of 22
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. Even if I have heard directly from the EO's I should try again? Should I try the same email address for the ones I have them for or keep trying other avenues?

I would continue to write and MAIL a professional letter to the EO every month. I am old school and believe the best way is the old fashioned way, I personally never have thought that email was capable of the personal touch or the best results in this type of thing. I will tell you my longest GW request took 3 years to get accomplished.

Thank youf or the words on encouragement. I will keep plugging away.

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 12 of 22
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Updates 8-6-14

• Capital One Bank – Charge Off - $830 Removed 06/2019 - paying on this - down to $330 remaining
  • Capital One National Association – Current; paid or paying as Agreed (paid off 11/13) Maximum delinquency of 30 days in 2009 Not sure why this is saying it is adverse? It is paid off…the only thing I can think of is that is was in a credit counseling program?  Had 3 lates of 30 days all in 2009 - I GW and recieved a response saying there were no lates in those months - so I guess my GW worked!
  • Card Member Services - Current; paid or paying as Agreed (paid off 2/14)A gain, Not sure why this is saying it is adverse? It is paid off…the only thing I can think of is that is was in a credit counseling program?  Attempted GW - NO LUCK
  • Chase/Bank One Card - Current; paid or paying as Agreed (paid off 10/13) Maximum delinquency of 120 days in 2010 This one was in my credit counseling plan as well; but the TU report does not show it like it did the previous 2 accounts, although it still says adverse. Attempted GW - NO LUCK - they did remove teh notation of being in a credit counseling
  • Citicards CBNA - Current; paid or paying as Agreed - Maximum delinquency of 120 days in 2010 - Attempted GW - NO LUCK
  • Comenity Bank - Current; paid or paying as Agreed (will be paid off this month) Maximum delinquency of 90 days in 2/13 This is NOT in my credit plan and I will be paying it off in full this month – can I make it not negative somehow? Attempted GW - NO LUCK (if anyone had an email for Comenity I would LOVE it)
  • GECRB/Ultimate Electronics - Current; paid or paying as Agreed – but it’s charged off?? Maximum delinquency of 30 days in 2009.  It was 30 days late and they called and threated me with the charge off; and since I could not pay they went forward with it.  The 30 days behind was 3/09 and they charged it off 4/09.  It was a joint account that my name was on and I got the bad end of the deal.  Anyway to fix this?  I am leaving this one alone I tried GW and they investigated and said I could pay off the balance; but it is showing paid on all the CRA's so I am letting it go for now.
  • HC Processing - Current; paid or paying as Agreed (paid off 9/13) Maximum delinquency of 30 days in 2008 and 2010 - Tried GW and never heard back
  • Nissan Motor - Current; Paid or Paying as Agreed (haven’t had the loan since 5/11 – account is closed) Maximum Delinquency of 30 days in 11/2009 and in 01/2011  Tried GW and never heard back
  • Santander - Current; Paid or Paying as Agreed. Maximum Delinquency of 30 days in 07/2012 and in 05/2013. Is there anyway to get them to remove those past due marks?  Since it is listed as adverse I feel like I need to do something.  Tried GW and never heard back
  • Sears/CBNA - Current; Paid or Paying as Agreed (paid off 7/13) Maximum Delinquency of 90 days in 02/2010 and in 04/2010. This is another one in the credit counseling…Removed 10/2016  Attempted GW - NO LUCK
  • WEBBANK/Fingerhut – Charged Off 2/13 $594 Removed 8/2019 Attempted GW - all they told me was that they didn't have my account any longer
  • Midland Funding - Account Paid in Full; was a Collection I think this one was sent to the above WEBBANK –

Need to follow up with them. Had an ongoing investigation with them regarding that I was promised they would not let this hit my credit if I paid it in full - which I did and probably couldn’t afford at that time! It was seriously only in collections for 16 days! MAKES ME MAD.

• Firstsource Advantage – In Collection - $130 – Medical Bill – Can I do a PFD on this? Removed 09/2019  Successful PFD!

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 13 of 22
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

So yesterday Dh and I decided to go to an open house of a house we saw online that looked too good to be true. BIG MISTAKE! It was our dream house, had evenything on our wishlist - and then some! Too bad we won't be in a place to do anything until next spring/summer Smiley Sad

I guess the only good thing is that now it woke me back up and gave me more of a reason to keep working on our credit!

Then this morning I woke up and got notices from TU for both DH and myself. I had a CA deleted and DH had 2 items get deleted early (after I asked)!! So that is positive.

And I keep marching forward.....

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 14 of 22
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Am I the only one who get sfrustrated when their score just "sits still"? Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining that it hasn't gone down....but I've been sitting at the same score for almost a month and want to see it go up.

Working my way into the garden........

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 15 of 22
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

We just gotta keep plugging away at it.  Smiley LOL  Congrats on your successes.....the squeaky wheel certainly does get the oil.

I read your entire thread and I feel the same way you do.  I promised myself I won't even think about going to open houses until my score is at least at 670.  In the meantime 

I'm killing lots of trees (not happy about that) sending letters CMRR and spending a ton of money in postage.  Success is coming....it has to.  I claim that Smiley Happy 

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 16 of 22
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

Slow in steady is the way to go.   Keep plugging away at those GW letters.

2 years ago I started with 12 baddies on each of my credit reports.   Today, I am left with 2.    I have gone from the 500s to one foot in the 700 club (waiting for Equifax to catch up to my other 2 CRAs.)

I am down to a rehabbed loan showing 90 day lates and one charge off.   Sent off letters again yesterday.

Patience and dilligence is the only way to go.

Message 17 of 22
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@alienfico wrote:

We just gotta keep plugging away at it.  Smiley LOL  Congrats on your successes.....the squeaky wheel certainly does get the oil.

I read your entire thread and I feel the same way you do.  I promised myself I won't even think about going to open houses until my score is at least at 670.  In the meantime 

I'm killing lots of trees (not happy about that) sending letters CMRR and spending a ton of money in postage.  Success is coming....it has to.  I claim that Smiley Happy 

Thanks! I send lots of letters and emails all the time as well. I have even recently started using the facebook message option with some of the OC's. It can't hurt right?

Best of luck to you Smiley Happy Also thanks for taking the time to read my post.....although it stinks it is somewhat comforting to know others are having similar issues.

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 18 of 22
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Just as an update.....

Last week my score jumped up 12 points! I coudln't for the life of me figure out why, there was no reason just an increase in score. It turns out I had 2 inqueries drop off and I got a CLI on my Merrick Bank card; without me knowing it Smiley Happy It only went up to $750; but hey I'll take it. Then today got an email that my husbands Capital One statement was ready (I am the AU). So I logged it, just to take a look and he receive a $2000 CLI Smiley Happy Smiley Happy He was on teh graduated plan that they told me would give him a CLI after 7 months and according the the online chat a few months back they told me it would go from $500 to $750 in November as long as we made payments, etc........then today to see that; it was wonderful news!! Hubby was thrilled. Now if I could just figure out how he is getting CC with over $1k limits and I can't even get approved and I supposedly have a better score.

And I keep marching on.....

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 19 of 22
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@JPeanut503 wrote:

Just as an update.....

Last week my score jumped up 12 points! I coudln't for the life of me figure out why, there was no reason just an increase in score. It turns out I had 2 inqueries drop off and I got a CLI on my Merrick Bank card; without me knowing it Smiley Happy It only went up to $750; but hey I'll take it. Then today got an email that my husbands Capital One statement was ready (I am the AU). So I logged it, just to take a look and he receive a $2000 CLI Smiley Happy Smiley Happy He was on teh graduated plan that they told me would give him a CLI after 7 months and according the the online chat a few months back they told me it would go from $500 to $750 in November as long as we made payments, etc........then today to see that; it was wonderful news!! Hubby was thrilled. Now if I could just figure out how he is getting CC with over $1k limits and I can't even get approved and I supposedly have a better score.

And I keep marching on.....

Congrats on you UPWARD Cat Happy movement, and hang in there with your goodwill letters, all your hardwork and diligence is paying off Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.