cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm ready to get started... now what? I'd love some guidance!

tag
swk215
Established Member

I'm ready to get started... now what? I'd love some guidance!

I can't believe what a wealth of information there is here!  I've been lurking for a while just trying to soak up as much information as I can, and I'm ready to tackle my (somewhat messy) credit report, but I'm just so overwhelmed by where to start.  I know some of you have a lot of experience to share, and I'd really, really appreciate the help getting myself in order!  So... here goes.  My baddies:

- BofA CO -- settled for less than the full amount -- scheduled to fall off in July 2014

- CAP1 CO (DOFD 12/2010) for $831.00

- CAP1 CO (DOFD 7/2010) for $1,559.00

- HSBC CO (DOFD 12/2010) for $757.00 -- this one was sold to a CA

- CAVALRY COLL opened 7/2011 for $820.00 (this is for the HSBC account above)

- CENTRAL FINANCIAL COLL opened 3/2009 for $450.00 (this is a collection from a hospital, so medical, I guess?)

- RECEIVABLES COLL opened 9/2011 for $528.00

I guess the upshot of the deal is that I do now have the cash available to pay these in full; I'm just so lost as to where to even start.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm ready to get started... now what? I'd love some guidance!

I would start sending PFD and GW letters and keep sending until they agree.
Message 2 of 3
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm ready to get started... now what? I'd love some guidance!

If you have the cash to pay in full start sending DV letters to everyone. Make sure you have the cash they might decide to sue since you likely have not passed SOL on many of . Also start sending GW letters to BofA, if you know the debts are yours you can skip the DV letters and just go straight for PFD. Just do your best to get the agreement in writing before you pay if possible.
My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.