cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a little bit of clarity on something that just happened.

tag
Jlbt

I need a little bit of clarity on something that just happened.

I just contacted capital one (through their customer support chat) and politely asked if I could get all of my past due alerts taken off my credit score. The lady was very helpful and said "I can file a dispute for past late charges, they will be sent to the 3 bureaus and you should see them take effect in 30-90 days". I'm very new at this and this was my first attempt to get anything removed from my score. The "dispute" threw me off a little and I just wanted to make sure that is what I needed to happen from you guys. I documented the whole conversation. Basically my question is, will this remove all my late capital one payments from my credit report? Also wanted to say thank you to this forum two days in and I have gained so much information!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I need a little bit of clarity on something that just happened.

I really don't know how to take that reply.  A dispute and removing lates are 2 different things.  A dispute is saying you disagree with the lates.

I would be worried they are verified.  But I have also seen where they initiate a dispute and don't respond.

Message 2 of 12
Jlbt

But would a company be able to file a dispute for me? What action should I take? She said I would see the effects on my credit report in 30-90 days, but she defiantly said "dispute".
Message 3 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 12
Jlbt

Hmmm. Now I'm not nearly as happy as I was. She said it would be all of my past due charges. But I suppose there is not good way for me to know what they have done..
Thank you for your help though. I appreciate it.
Message 5 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 12
Jlbt

Not all but a majority. I would say 75%
Message 7 of 12
Jlbt

Let me clarify, she told me that they would dispute all late charges to the credit buroughs from capital one, capital one makes up ~75% of my late charges on my credit report.

Message 8 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 12
Jlbt

Yes I apologize. Late payments. Not the charges.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.