Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help, First Premier related

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help, First Premier related

I don't know what to do anymore.

i have been trying to get first premier to delete my account off all the reporting credit bureaus due to FP not reporting correctly. 

but let me start at the beginning:

i started rebuilding my credit in 2016. it was in really bad shape.  my scores were somewhere around 300... i couldn't get anything.  i learned about secure credit cards,  and opened two.

with the success of the two,  i ended up recieving letters for unsecured cards worth low amounts,  i thought it wouldn't hurt to add two more that weren't secured, just for measure.  

one of them was FIRST PREMIER.

God, do i wish i could take that back. 

the first year was fine,  payments on time,  all that... my scores, in one year,  shot up into the lower 600s.. life was good. 

in 2017, i had to move back to my home state to help care for my ailing granny. she had lung cancer and my mom couldn't do it alone any more.  i had already secured a job and moved late fall,  only to be trapped in the Rockies for 3 extra days due to an ice storm,  and subsequently, lost the job i had lined up. 

i spent 3 months looking for a job,  it wasn't easy,  but once i finally found one,  i had went through my savings,  and all my cards were maxed.  i was able to save 3 of the 4, FP being the one shut down before i could catch it in time. 

in 2017, the customer service rep for FP told me my account was closed and there was no way to pay the balance until i recieved a bill from whoever they sold the account to. just last week (2021) i was basically called a liar and told that you can pay your balance any time, even after the account is closed and sold.

in 2019, i started working with a credit repair agency (national credit care - they are amazing by the way) so i could clean up my report so i could qualify for a mortgage.  long story short,  they fixed A LOT of damaging things on my report,  and we began disputing FP because of inconsistent and incorrect reporting to all three bureaus. 

fast forward to two weeks ago (2021) when i had already been preapproved for a home loan,  found a house, had escrow in place,  all the fun stuff... then all of a sudden,  my home loan couldn't get approved because there dispute on FP was never closed! We found out if The dispute was removed,  it would kill my score.  the only way to keep my scores in margin,  was to get FP deleted from all the bureaus. 

even with the proof from the credit reports SHOWING inconsistencies in reporting, they claim its the bureaus in the wrong not recording their info correctly, so they won't remove the account.

Also, i asked for all transaction and payment history to be presented to me for the account. They said i would find it all on the account online. which, when i looked, there is "no information" in that section of my account online.

because i couldn't get them to remove the accounts, i lost my house. my family is devastated and we have to move mid may. 

the balance owed on the account is around $450. i have no issue paying it but they also don't do pay for delete and i have to have it gone. i could pay it and let it sit for a year but even then, my credit might still not be good enough with the negative crap they put in the remarks.

I'm frustrated.  i need advice on what to do. it has to go, they broke the fair credit reporting act and i want them to make it right and delete the account!

someone please help. anything.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need help, First Premier related

This sucks. I'm sorry you're going through it. On the positive side, you may be able to get a PFD through the debt collector and not First Premier. I did that with a medical bill and with a Cox bill that went to collections. 

$450 isn't bad. It's annoying and yes they're violating they rules, but if you pay the $450 I believe they will update the notes to paid in full. Your score should go up from paying the collection alone. 

Worst case scenario, you'll have the status changed to PIF chargeoff and it falls off your credit report in a few years. I think you'll feel better just paying it and wiping your hands clean of it.  

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know what to do anymore.

i have been trying to get first premier to delete my account off all the reporting credit bureaus due to FP not reporting correctly. 

but let me start at the beginning:

i started rebuilding my credit in 2016. it was in really bad shape.  my scores were somewhere around 300... i couldn't get anything.  i learned about secure credit cards,  and opened two.

with the success of the two,  i ended up recieving letters for unsecured cards worth low amounts,  i thought it wouldn't hurt to add two more that weren't secured, just for measure.  

one of them was FIRST PREMIER.

God, do i wish i could take that back. 

the first year was fine,  payments on time,  all that... my scores, in one year,  shot up into the lower 600s.. life was good. 

in 2017, i had to move back to my home state to help care for my ailing granny. she had lung cancer and my mom couldn't do it alone any more.  i had already secured a job and moved late fall,  only to be trapped in the Rockies for 3 extra days due to an ice storm,  and subsequently, lost the job i had lined up. 

i spent 3 months looking for a job,  it wasn't easy,  but once i finally found one,  i had went through my savings,  and all my cards were maxed.  i was able to save 3 of the 4, FP being the one shut down before i could catch it in time. 

in 2017, the customer service rep for FP told me my account was closed and there was no way to pay the balance until i recieved a bill from whoever they sold the account to. just last week (2021) i was basically called a liar and told that you can pay your balance any time, even after the account is closed and sold.

in 2019, i started working with a credit repair agency (national credit care - they are amazing by the way) so i could clean up my report so i could qualify for a mortgage.  long story short,  they fixed A LOT of damaging things on my report,  and we began disputing FP because of inconsistent and incorrect reporting to all three bureaus. 

fast forward to two weeks ago (2021) when i had already been preapproved for a home loan,  found a house, had escrow in place,  all the fun stuff... then all of a sudden,  my home loan couldn't get approved because there dispute on FP was never closed! We found out if The dispute was removed,  it would kill my score.  the only way to keep my scores in margin,  was to get FP deleted from all the bureaus. 

even with the proof from the credit reports SHOWING inconsistencies in reporting, they claim its the bureaus in the wrong not recording their info correctly, so they won't remove the account.

Also, i asked for all transaction and payment history to be presented to me for the account. They said i would find it all on the account online. which, when i looked, there is "no information" in that section of my account online.

because i couldn't get them to remove the accounts, i lost my house. my family is devastated and we have to move mid may. 

the balance owed on the account is around $450. i have no issue paying it but they also don't do pay for delete and i have to have it gone. i could pay it and let it sit for a year but even then, my credit might still not be good enough with the negative crap they put in the remarks.

I'm frustrated.  i need advice on what to do. it has to go, they broke the fair credit reporting act and i want them to make it right and delete the account!

someone please help. anything.

Message 2 of 4
mycreditscoreisfair
Frequent Contributor

While losing the house sucks and I understand why you want the tradeline gone, I don't follow how they're violation of the FCRA based on this post.

The truth is that original creditors a very, very unlikely to remove their tradelines from your credit report. You missed payments and your account was charged-off. And it's probably not going anywhere until it naturally falls off.

Small inconsistencies between credit bureaus isn't all that uncommon. And the fact that credit bureaus are reporting differently isn't enough to cause removal of the original tradeline. The original creditor is only obligated to provide the information to the credit bureaus they report to. When a dispute is filed, they only have to verify or correct what's wrong - they don't have to delete the tradeline.

All you can really do is pay the unpaid charge off and at least put it into a 'paid' status.

But it does bring up quite a few questions regarding your account and credit profile, starting with:

1. What did you dispute, and why?

2. How was the dispute 'never closed'? Disputes have timelines, so it's hard to imagine one never being resolved.

3. What are your current FICO scores and is there anything else potentially holding them down?

Starting score (January 2020): 454 (TU)
First goal (December 2020): 580 (TU)
Second goal (August 2021): 670 (TU)
Current scores: 679 (TU), 665 (EQ), 658 (EX)
Current goal: All three bureaus over 670

Declined credit cards: First Premier Bank, Verve, Self, Credit One, Today Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier is not known to delete a trade line; although there have been rare occurrences from what I've read on here. They were reporting inconsistencies (mainly dates/months were off) on my reports. I emailed them and requested they provide all the statements to ensure it matches up including my last payment with them. They not  only updated the report, they mailed copies of all my statements and when I made the last payment/defaulted. I settled with them through the collection agency they hired. And it updated to $0 on my report three weeks later. My score increased by a few points. I'm just happy they'll no longer be reporting it as a charge off every month. 

All you can do is pay for it. Most (all?) mortgage lenders will require you to pay any collections and charges off anyway. 

If you really feel they're reporting inconsistencies and false reporting, pull all three of credit reports from annual credit report, print it out, and highlight on each report showing the inconsistencies and/or false reporting. And send it to them. I think the most they'll do is update your report. If you don't pay them, it will still remain a charge off and will hurt your score even more. They report it each month and will do so until you pay them. Good luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.