cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

I need help!

I just checked my scores and here they are: TU 676/ EQ 668/ EX 655. I have 5 medical collection accounts on TU and EX and only 1 on EQ.  I don't know how to handle them. They are from about 6 yrs ago when i didn't have a SS # yet. Should I do PFD letters or dispute them?

I have 1 credit cards (CreditOne Bank), 2% utl  and I also have an auto loan. But my credit history is only 1 year old and that's also hurting me.
How can i improve my score? Can i apply for another cc with a better limit and interest rate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Valued Contributor

Re: I need help!

Medical collections are handled differently than regular collections...you would use the Hipaa Process...for the medical bills...but first find out the DOFD on them...if they are falling off soon...you might do better leaving them alone...here is the link for the Hipaa Process:

In the meantime...maybe you should get something like Crown Jewelers...to help your UTL...and have another line of credit...

Message 2 of 7

How would I find out the DOFD?
Message 3 of 7
Moderator Emeritus

gamsusy, welcome to the forum.

If you didn't have a SS# back then    Why?  and how did they get it now?

For medical....all HIPAA letters must be used and they must be in the proper order!

You can only get paid medical deleted.......

Even though it is a CA reporting   they must drop from your CR approx 7 years from the date of service.

First file a dispute with all CRAs reporting.You must use the Per HIPAA dispute letter

Wait until the dispute is completed    then send the next letter to the OC!!!   using 1 of the inserts.

If the sebt is owed....use insert B  with full payment

Each account needs its own letter and seperate check.

Your scores will comes as the charge off come off your CR   and the CC age.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-31-2008 01:06 PM
Message 4 of 7

I'm not sure how they got my SS#, I got that number 2 years ago. I think they just used my name and address but not sure.

Thank you for the letter link, very helpful. I just have one more question, how will I know the dispute is completed to send the 2nd letter. Will I get something in the mail?

Thanks for all your help, I'm pretty clueless about how CRA work. I just want a clean report Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Valued Contributor

You should get you dispute results in the mail...
Message 6 of 7

Where can i find the addresses to the CRA? another question, I have to send all the letter certified, right?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.