cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some help understanding what this means.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some help understanding what this means.

I have been using a credit monitoring service for some time now. I have noticed something. First, I come across the two EXPERIAN posts on the monitoring service I use. I choose to purchase an EXPERIAN credit report from that service and I don't see either one of those two listed and it says only 1 account is in negative. Why does EXPERIAN report two accounts but when I get their credit report I only see 1 and it is from a different collector?

The first picture shows what I saw first and the second photo show the credit report version I just obtained.

Do I send a PFD to all three? Is it just a collection that is being sold off to another agency? If so, and if I PFD the last one will all three disappear if the last one agrees to delete?

I have been reading but I could really use some solid interactive advice. I was just getting ready to send out a PFD to an address I found via Google to NCO but now I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: I need some help understanding what this means.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been using a credit monitoring service for some time now. I have noticed something. First, I come across the two EXPERIAN posts on the monitoring service I use. I choose to purchase an EXPERIAN credit report from that service and I don't see either one of those two listed and it says only 1 account is in negative. Why does EXPERIAN report two accounts but when I get their credit report I only see 1 and it is from a different collector?

The first picture shows what I saw first and the second photo show the credit report version I just obtained.

Do I send a PFD to all three? Is it just a collection that is being sold off to another agency? If so, and if I PFD the last one will all three disappear if the last one agrees to delete?

I have been reading but I could really use some solid interactive advice. I was just getting ready to send out a PFD to an address I found via Google to NCO but now I don't know what to do.

The only thing they can delete is what they report, they can not remove anything that was reported by another company. But once you have the debt paid and deleted from the current holder of the debt you have other methods to have the others removed. Make sure you have copies and records of all tranasctions, names, etc etc...

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. So is it safe to assume that the above is just the same account passed off between the 3? Would I go after the newest one and then neutralize the older 2 after the newest one settles?

Why would my recent Exp report show the oldest of the 3 but not the other two? Does that actually mean that its the same debt but Exp replaces the other ones with that one? Wait, its the oldest one on the Exp report. Someone that has been through this before...

Message 3 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I see. So is it safe to assume that the above is just the same account passed off between the 3? Would I go after the newest one and then neutralize the older 2 after the newest one settles? Never assume anything, you either know they are all for the same debt or they aren't.  If they are the same debt the newest one is the one who owns the debt unless it is still owned by the original creditor. 

Why would my recent Exp report show the oldest of the 3 but not the other two? Does that actually mean that its the same debt but Exp replaces the other ones with that one? Wait, its the oldest one on the Exp report. Someone that has been through this before... Creditors are not obligated to report to all credit bureaus, it is possible they just do not report to Experian while still reporting to any or all the other credit bureaus.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.