Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some help!

So my FICO is 664 I have paid my collections. I have 4 credit cards and 6% utilization rate. What do I need to do to get to a 700 credit score. Should take out another credit card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I need some help!

We'll need more details. How old are the collections? Any late payments or charge offs? What are the individual utilization rates on each of your CCs? How old is your credit file (AAoA, AoOA, etc)? Do you have any open installment loans?

Also, where did you obtain that FICO score from, and what bureau is it for?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured I would need to get you more information. 

My collections were two years old. They have been deleted off my reports. I do have late payments from 2yrs ago. I have not been late since on any of my accounts. My 4 credit cards all are under 7% utilization rate. I 2 car loans and 2 installment loans. I think my credit file is 14 years old. I'm not sure what (AAoA, AoOA, etc) means. 

I got my FICO information from Experian.

I started rebuilding Dec 2018

Starting Scores:
EX 480
EQ 518
TU 470

Current FICO scores:
EX 664
EQ 660
TU 660

Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured I would need to get you more information. 

My collections were two years old. They have been deleted off my reports. I do have late payments from 2yrs ago. I have not been late since on any of my accounts. My 4 credit cards all are under 7% utilization rate. I 2 car loans and 2 installment loans. I think my credit file is 14 years old. I'm not sure what (AAoA, AoOA, etc) means. 

I got my FICO information from Experian.

I started rebuilding Dec 2018

Starting Scores:
EX 480
EQ 518
TU 470

Current FICO scores:
EX 664
EQ 660
TU 660

AAoA = Average Age of Accounts

AoOA = Age of Oldest Account

How late are the lates (30, 60, 90, etc)? I ask this because 30 day lates tend to lose their effect after 2 years, while 60 day+ lates hurt your scores all 7 years until they fall off.

What percentage of each individual loan is paid off (i.e. current balance vs original loan amount)? Optimal scoring on installment loans is when you owe <8.9% of original amount.

For now, one thing you can do is implement AZEO, wherein you pay off all cards to zero before the statement is generated except for one. That one you leave a small balance on it of 8.9% or less of the card's total limit. This should ideally help eek out 10-20 more points.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the tip!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.