cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need the "Credit repair for Dummies: 101" Edition!!

tag
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

I need the "Credit repair for Dummies: 101" Edition!!

So i posted on this the other day, but I am still not sure what I should do.  I rec'd this notice the other day.  Now, I called Verizon who was the original creditor to find out when this account was from.  I know its been A LONG time.  And I am pretty sure, but not positive that this debt had already been reported on my credit report and fell off after the 7 years had expired.  Either way, after speaking with 2 reps, which neither was much help, the only thing that they were able to tell me was that the only date they could see in relation to my account was June 2001.  I asked if that was the date the account was open/closed?  Not able to answer since the account was so old, they didn't have any information whatsoever that was able to help me. 

My main goal right now is not to have anything new placed on my credit report since I want to buy a house later this year BUT I am not even sure what this debt is and do not want to give these money sucking leeches anything if I don't HAVE to.

Would sending a DV and if they are able to validate, offering payment immediately prevent this from being reported to a CB.  I haven't seen a collection notice in a long time, but don't they normally warn that they are going to send your information to a CB?  This one mentions nothing of that, but can they if I don't buck up? 

This is the wording:

Dear XXXXXXX:

This notice is being sent to you by a collection agency.  The records of Palisades Collection show that yoy balance of $116.67 is due in full.

If you have any questions about this account please contact our office toll free at 866-291-6364.

Sincecerly,

Money Sucking Leeches  AKA Convergent Outsourcing

Whats the best route to take if I looking to buy a house by years???

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I need the "Credit repair for Dummies: 101" Edition!!

If the account from the OC was removed due to age then the CA cannot report.

I would send them a DV.

Message 2 of 6
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Re: I need the "Credit repair for Dummies: 101" Edition!!

I think I forgot to mention above, it was sold to a CRA, Palisades Collections, and now is with this Convergent. 

Thanks for your response.!

Message 3 of 6
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE: RESPONSE TO MY DV LETTER!!

received a response to my DV:

Convergent outsourcing is not currently handling the above referenced account.

If Convergent Outsourcing has furnished information to any credit reporting agency on this account, a request is being submitted to the credit reporting agency to delete that information.

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@savings4tomorrow wrote:

received a response to my DV:

Convergent outsourcing is not currently handling the above referenced account.

If Convergent Outsourcing has furnished information to any credit reporting agency on this account, a request is being submitted to the credit reporting agency to delete that information.

Great if its now past CRTP it cant be reported by the next JDB that they sold it to Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It's a Zombie debt now.  Can't post.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.