cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to get my score up 20 points to buy a house, FAST!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to get my score up 20 points to buy a house, FAST!!!!!!!!!!

What should I do?

I have 2 collections on my report. both are paid in full. One is for an emergency room visit back in 03 and the other is for a payment that wasn't received from my insurrance company in the amount of $30 from 05.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need to get my score up 20 points to buy a house, FAST!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not one of the experts here yet, but from what I've read here, I'd say you should GW the insurance co... and if the ambulance ride falls under medical (not sure if it does, though) it shouldn't be on your reports due to HIPAA laws.

Not sure how fast all of this can get resolved, though.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the ER visit, use the HIPAA process.

The other one, you mention insurance. Is this medical as well? If so, use the HIPAA process. If not, send GW letter.

See link in signature titled "Medical Collections".

Message 3 of 4
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What should I do?

I have 2 collections on my report. both are paid in full. One is for an emergency room visit back in 03 and the other is for a payment that wasn't received from my insurrance company in the amount of $30 from 05.

What are your scores now?  Why are you targeting 20 points--is that what you were told you needed to be at by a lender? What else is going on in your report?  If you need to get things done FAST, focusing on the collections may not be the answer.  While that should definitely be a target and getting rid of them should give you some points, using the HIPAA process can take months since there a few different steps.  It could get you to where you need to be, but possibly not quick enough depending on what you mean by FAST.  If you have any revolving credit with high UTL, paying down the balance could give you the quickest score boost.  I have seen in 70 point swings in my scores just by increasing/decreasing the amount I owe on my CC's.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.