Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really don't know what to do....

tag
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I really don't know what to do....

I sent a pfd to CA for a medical account. The amount was 140. I received the letter back stating return to sender address unknown. The address I got off of my EQ CR. I didn't know what my next move was. Then a couple of weeks later I received a letter from another CA for the same account stating for me to contact them about the debt in 30 days or debt will be considered valid. I decided to pull my CR on myfico to see if this new CA was on my report and the same debt from my original CA was on my CR that I sent letter to is still reporting owed debt and it says consumer disputes. So I am unsure how to handle this. Should I contact EQ to get the comments removed and let them know that the company no longer exists, should I contact the new CA asking them for a pfd, or should I contact the OC and offer a pfd. I am really trying to get this taken care of but really don't know my next step. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: I really don't know what to do....

@swtneka wrote:

I sent a pfd to CA for a medical account. The amount was 140. I received the letter back stating return to sender address unknown. The address I got off of my EQ CR. I didn't know what my next move was. Then a couple of weeks later I received a letter from another CA for the same account stating for me to contact them about the debt in 30 days or debt will be considered valid. I decided to pull my CR on myfico to see if this new CA was on my report and the same debt from my original CA was on my CR that I sent letter to is still reporting owed debt and it says consumer disputes. So I am unsure how to handle this. Should I contact EQ to get the comments removed and let them know that the company no longer exists, should I contact the new CA asking them for a pfd, or should I contact the OC and offer a pfd. I am really trying to get this taken care of but really don't know my next step. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi swtneka and welcome to the forums, 

I would start by sending the new CA a DV letter right away. I would call the current CA that is listed on your credit reports and obtain the correct address. It could be the one on your credit reports no longer has collection authority but the new one does. 

You can certainly call the OC to see if they still can accept payment. Is the OC listed on your credit reports and showing a $0 bal?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.