cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I requested DV with a CA and now the debt has been removed from my credit reports.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested DV with a CA and now the debt has been removed from my credit reports.

Here’s my story:

It was originally a CC debt with a $3500 balance which was sold off in January 2007. This was sold to one CA, then a second and a third as I continued to ignore the debt (I know better know). Around December 2007 I finally got to point financially where I could start to address my unsecure debt so I did some research and ran my credit report. During this time this collection account was on my credit report. The amount reported as owed was $7200 which was more than double what it was 12 months ago. When this debt was sold to a new CA (National Enterprise Systems) a few months later I knew what to do and immediately requested DV but never received a reply. NES then sold it to yet another CA (Midland Credit Management) with whom I also requested DV and have yet to receive a reply. I requested my FICO last week and this debt has been removed from all three reports.

Does anybody know what this means and/or have any advice regarding what I ought to do next? I am afraid that this cycle will go on eternally without resolution.

I would like to think this means that I no longer have to worry about it and it's been WO but I somehow don't think that's the case. It just can’t be that easy.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: I requested DV with a CA and now the debt has been removed from my credit reports.

Be prepared for another CA to buy this and report on your CR's.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I requested DV with a CA and now the debt has been removed from my credit reports.

The date sold doesn't matter......is the OC still reporting?  If so what is the DOFD/DOLA  or the date that it will drop from your CR?

If past CRTP.....  DV  CMRRR every CA that reports along with the past SOL CRTP letter!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-22-2008 02:39 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.