Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish the CRA's had less power.

tag
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

I wish the CRA's had less power.

If you think about it they control so much of our life when it comes down to us wanting credit, home loans, and even jobs. I started rebuilding last May. The amount of errors I found on my reports was staggering. I guess a lot of the problems we could have prevented by not getting into credit problems in the past.

Once you are in their systems with Lates, CO's, Judgments, Liens, and Foreclosures trying to get these removed or at least reported correctly is so frustrating.

The e-OSCAR system is a joke. All it comes down to is codes. You could tell someone at one of the CRA's what you want disputed and send information to back up your dispute. Do they send this information over to the OC or even call them to verify it? No they just reduce that information you sent down to a code. We all know what happens after that. It comes back verified unless the OC doesn't respond.

I finally almost lost it dealing with EQ last month. I had a CO from Wells that was reporting so wrong on all my reports it was not even funny. I spent two months arguing with Wells about this. They could clearly see what I was saying was true however they said no paper proof to bad. I lucked out and found my paper proof from six years ago. Take that Wells!! So they agreed to remove the Trade Line and sent me a letter. TU and EX deleted in two days. EQ no chance. I waited 35 days nothing changed. So I called them. They claimed they were never contacted by Wells. I then call Wells and they said they did. So back and forth I went for three weeks about this.

I sent all the proof to EQ nothing changed. Finally I got the CFPB involved. Wow two weeks later EQ deleted.

So I pull my EQ Fico and my score dropped 28 points!!! Nine positive Trade Lines were gone as well. Not one but eleven different representatives told me they do not delete positive accounts. My creditors deleted them. Lol ya sure! Nine different creditors called each other and said " hey lets all delete this persons information in the same week."

Of course John from India has no clue. So soon as I call a CRA I ask to be transferred to a USA representative. Least this way I can understand the person I am speaking to. I was at the point of giving up. So I called the EQ executive offices and was transferred to a voice-mail. I left a message saying what happened and maybe my file was split or I had to many soft pulls and it bumped my good information off. She called a few days later and said she would look into it. Four days later all nine account were back on my report and my score went back up 30 points.

Sorry for my rant. It is just sad that the CRA's and even some creditors could careless about people. It comes down to time and money for them. If you know you are right do not give up!!! It may take months to finally talk to a person who can actually make the change.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MsPeach

Re: I wish the CRA's had less power.

What ever happened with this?

Message 2 of 4
Maddog_
Contributor

In my honest opinion, the executives in charge of Equifax need to have their customers in control of their credit reports.  Let's see how long this nonsense goes on.  In my opinion, Equifax behavior, including the lack of responsiveness and stonewalling is borderline on fraud in many cases.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

So does the CFPB.

Check out the "Credit in the News" forum for the posting of the recent announcement by the CFPB that they are requring the CRAs to forward all documention to the furnisher when reinvestigating disputes.

A long-needed check on the CRA e-Oscar process is clearly in the cross-hairs of the CFPB.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.