Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC Systems Derogatory Mark Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IC Systems Derogatory Mark Removal

So I just got a major derogatory from IC Systems on my Experian report. It's from a medical bill I neglected to pay, around $200 total. What's the best way to get this removed? I read in an old thread some people saying that they'll remove automatically if I pay the balance. Other websites talk about negotiating a pay for delete over snail mail. That sounds pretty time consuming and tedious, especially for this small amount of money.

Anyone have experience with them? I am able to pay the amount. I haven't done anything yet in regards to this debt.

6 REPLIES 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: IC Systems Derogatory Mark Removal

Hi OP,

The easiest way would be to contact CA. Recent data points show ICSystems does PfD.

If it's over 2 years, most CA will settle for less. Once you pay, report will update with $0 balance. Then approximately 30-45 days later account will be removed.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply BlindAmbition. Is this something I should in writing through the mail, or is talking over the phone/email good enough?

Message 3 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Check on their website. Many have a statement that they PFD. Often under FAQ.

Ask if they will send letter, but most won't. Follow your gut, but many DP show this CA being legit.

Message 4 of 7
rostrow416
Established Contributor

I got them removed because the name of the doctor was incorrect in their tradeline - so request validation and go over their paperwork for any errors.

Outside of that, you can try paying the original doctor/office.  If they accept payment, IC systems would have to remove the account.  Not sure about this method, but it was the way I was going to go if I couldn't get it removed otherwise.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you speak with IC Systems they will say they do not do a PFD. What they state is if the account is paid they will update to 0 balance and you can request a deletion letter in 30 days that they will send to the CRAs.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an account with IC systems before I got to this forum.

From what I saw they do entertain PFD.

Many request you need to get the agreement in writing, which does not meed to be snail mail. Email would work too, but I have rarely gotten anything in writing when negotiating PFD and all CAs have followed through so far.

I guess it comes down to it being your credit and how much tedious work is worth to clean it up. We each have our level of tolerance. I have taken word of mouth, secure chat, and recordings on my end when doing PFD. I only ever had 1 CA that sent me a letter saying they would remove from CRs.

So before I was part of this forum I had an IC Sytems account that I never paid and it stayed on my CRs for the entire 7 years and did not drop off 1 day early. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.