cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC Systems/Verizon Wireless - Need help!

tag
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

IC Systems/Verizon Wireless - Need help!

I posted the other day about a Verizon Wireless chargeoff that is on my credit report from an old wireless account that we had several years ago.  We switched carriers in 2018 or 2019 because of how poor the Verizon service had gotten in our area.   I thought that we had a zero balace when we left, but they are obviously claiming otherwise.    I have been trying like crazy to communicate and work with Verizon to try and settle this account for the past month or so, but their communication has been ENTIRELY lacking.   The only time I received an email response from their executive office was last month, when they informed me that I would need to call to speak with them regarding this matter and I was provided a phone number and an extension to call.  I have called this extension MULTIPLE times and I always got a voicemail.  I have left MULTIPLE messages asking them to call me back because I would like to settle this account ASAP to take care of this charge off.  I have literally tried calling almost every single day for over a month.  I have also sent countless emails to their executive relations office, but got no response until the other day, in which they emailed me a letter stating that they will not be responding to any future emails from me to their executive relations office and that I would need to contact their external collection agency, IC Systems, regarding this debt.   Okay, fine.  Whatever.  Smiley Frustrated

So, I sent IC Systems an email a couple of days ago requesting to negotiate a settlement, which they never responded to.  I finally called them today.  The person I spoke with was EXTREMELY rude and would hardly even give me the chance to speak or explain why I was calling.  She immediately started verbally attacking me and said, "Well, the number you are calling me from is one of the numbers that was on your Verizon account, so there is nothing we can do."  I never disputed this.  Obviously, this number was on our old Verizon account!  We were previously with Verizon for about 12 or 13 years and I NEVER once tried to deny that fact.  I TRIED to explain that we had switched carriers a few years ago because we were very unhappy with Verizon's service (or lack thereof) and I had THOUGHT we had a zero balance at the time we left.  I finally had to snap at her and tell her to stop cutting me off every time I tried to speak.  She just kept going on and on saying how they had already sent me collection notices that I did not respond to and that it's "too late" because the account has already "been sent to collections." 

Okay, I'm confused.  I thought IC Systems WAS the collection agency, yet they are the ones who are now telling me that the account has now been sent to collections and they cannot work with me???   Secondly, I never received ANYTHING from IC Systems.  If I had, I would have immediately contacted them.  Even if I HAD received notices from them and didn't respond, I am reaching out to them now and trying to work with them, so that should be all that matters at this point.  My goodness, I've only been trying to work with Verizon for well over a month and it has taken them this long to tell me who I needed to contact.  Now, BOTH Verizon and IC Systems are outright refusing to work with me in any way, shape, or form and they tell me that there is nothing that can be done.  I can't help but feel as though my rights as a consumer are being totally violated here.

I am beyond frustrated, ticked off, and don't know what to do.  Does anyone have any experience dealing with this agency and have any advice on how to deal with this?   I'm pulling my hair out over here.  This is the ONLY charge off I have and we are planning to buy a new home next year, so I need to take care of this!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IC Systems/Verizon Wireless - Need help!

first is it outside the SOL?  if it is you ah e more power to negotiate if you want to pay it and have it removed.  If it is and you want it removed let them know and if they still want tell them to go kick rocks and try later. 

Second go here:  

https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/cws/viewLogin.action#/payments

that will allow you to see if Verizon still has the debt or not.  If you put your account number in there and an account pops up it's with Verizon and then you file a complaint with consumer protections and then they will reach out to you.  

if it doesn't then it's with IC Systems, if it's something you want to settle call them and negotiate tell them I have xx and it's what I can afford.  If they are not willing to hang up don't give them information.   They will work with you but it's the middle of the month and they aren't hard up for commissions yet.  Closer to the end of the month when they try to hit that bonus is when they might be more willing to work with you.  

Message 2 of 6
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

I can no longer log into our old Verizon account.  Honestly, I don't even remember the login.  I had one saved in my Chrome, but it did not work.  It has been several years since we have been with Verizon.  However, Verizon has informed me that they no longer have the account and it is now with an external agency, so that wouldn't even matter at this point.  They just directed me to IC Systems, but they are refusing to work with me and claim that this account has now been sent to collections.  Like I said in my original post, we closed this account back in late 2018/early 2019, so it is not outside the SOL.  SOL is 7 years from the first date of default.  

Message 3 of 6
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

Just a bit of an update - I was able to locate the email address for the CEO/President of IC Systems, so I have sent him an email expressing my concerns about this mess and informed him that if I do not hear from him, or at least someone from his company who is prepared to help me by the close of business on Monday, I will be filing complaints against them with the attorney general's office in my state, the CFPB, and the Better Business Bureau.   Never in my life have had I had to jump through so many hoops or experience this kind of aggravation and headache simply to settle an old debt.  I've been at this for over a month.  Unbelivable.  Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jrwa81 wrote:

Just a bit of an update - I was able to locate the email address for the CEO/President of IC Systems, so I have sent him an email expressing my concerns about this mess and informed him that if I do not hear from him, or at least someone from his company who is prepared to help me by the close of business on Monday, I will be filing complaints against them with the attorney general's office in my state, the CFPB, and the Better Business Bureau.   Never in my life have had I had to jump through so many hoops or experience this kind of aggravation and headache simply to settle an old debt.  I've been at this for over a month.  Unbelivable.  Smiley Mad

This should get some movement and if it doesnt then follow through. It is nuts is has come to this. I know Verizon couldnt care less about what they are reporting on your CRs and its nearly impossible to get them to remove their TL. If they are reporting with a balance then they still own the account if its at 0 then you cannot deal with them as they have sold it to a JDB.

Message 5 of 6
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

Yes, the CO on my credit report from Verizon does still show the balance, yet they claim that IC Systems has it and won't speak to me.  Spoke with IC Systems yesterday and they wouldn't even discuss it with me and said that the collection had been sent "to another department" and that it's "too late."  BS.  It's NEVER too late.  I'm beyond furious.  When I was cleaning up the few collections that I had, those CA's were MORE than happy to work with me and gave me great settlement offers in exchange for deletion from my reports.  This one, on the other hand, I've been dealing with for over a month to try to get SOMEBODY to work with me.   It almost seems like they don't even want my money.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.