Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC Systems settlement offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IC Systems settlement offer

Hi

I owe $664 on an old cable bill.  IC Systems started reporting it this year.  I want to offer a settlement to get it removed.  What amount should I offer?  What's the quickest way to get it deleted?  I want to avoid the post office route because they're having delays with mail delivery.   I will pay the settlement asap.  Will the be able to email me a receipt with agreement to delete? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: IC Systems settlement offer

I believe they do PFD, but I don't know that they provide any documentation of such, let alone via email. Best way is just call and ask to settle for as low as you're comfortable with. If it's too low for them, I'm sure they'll counter.

If I may ask, what is the rush in getting it remoced? Obviously the sooner, the better, I can respect that, but collections removals, even if the CA is one of those that does delete their reporting, take time. As in 30-45 days at a minimum; and that doesn't include the CRAs processing time.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm   trying to purchase a home and need a score boost.   

Message 3 of 5
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous When are you putting in your app? As stated above, it takes time for removal. I will say, I had a collections with them for banfield. I paid through banfield and banfield requestion ic systems remove the collection. It happened within maybe a week. One of the quickest I've ever seen removed. But, it may be different if you actually pay with ic systems. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I owe $664 on an old cable bill.  IC Systems started reporting it this year.  I want to offer a settlement to get it removed.  What amount should I offer?  What's the quickest way to get it deleted?  I want to avoid the post office route because they're having delays with mail delivery.   I will pay the settlement asap.  Will the be able to email me a receipt with agreement to delete? 

I was in your boat just three weeks ago. Give them a call and let them know you'd like to settle. The rep will come at you with their intial settlement offer, you counter the offer ( I countered at 60% of their offer).  You should get a reasonable offer. If you are cool with it take it. 

IC Systems does do PFD. Ask for it. But they won't send it to you in writing. 

They send notification and report your status as "account settled for less". Once you see these updates on your credit report...you can a) wait for IC Systems to request deletion takes about 45days. Or b) you can dispute the account entry as settled in full. - they don't respond and the entry is deleted.

Oh! And remmeber all three credit reporting agencies update at different times so you might need to be patient.

Good luck! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.