Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQ Data Collections didn't honor promise

tag
dduck095

IQ Data Collections didn't honor promise

Hello Everybody

I had a move out bill from my old apartment sent over to IQ Data for collections. (Long story about that). Anyway, I received a call from a representitive from IQ data and he was very rude over the phone and threatend to notate the account as "refusal to cooporate" if I didnt pay right then and there. I never admited to owing the debt and didnt give him any information. I called back a couple days later and told the rep (who was really friendly) that im not admiting the debt is mine, but If I agree to payment arrangements will they not report the balance to the credit reporting agency's. He agreed (on a recorded line) and I made my first payment. Some time later I noticed IQ data reported the debt to the CRA's, even though they agreed they wouldnt if I was making payments. My question is, what can I do to delete the collection record from my account since they violated the verbal agreement? 

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IQ Data Collections didn't honor promise

First escalate to the top of the food chain (President or CEO) and info them that they have violated the agreement and you want it corrected. Do this in writing and send it certified but not with return receipt delivery is still recorded online. Give them 30 days to take care of it. If nothing gets done or they still refuse then its time for the ITS (intent to sue) letter for violating their agreement. Another approach after you ask for them to honor the agreement is to report them to the BBB for shoddy business practice prior to the ITS letter. Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
dduck095

Thank you for your knowledgeable response! I'll start that process and I'll respond back with updates!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am dealing with these people now for an apartment I had for 6 months that was low income in 2020, lost 2 jobs bc of wa lockdowns, and moved with no eviction but the origibal apartments screwed me over and charged me for bs and bs that i actually had on the move in sheet. plus the original place voilated many wa laws. 

i  disputed it online and it got validated. i sent in about a 15 page proof letter to all 3 bureas last week and the week before now to fight these people to get it off my report. makes me mad and is not fair to me. i will update with what happens. It is always best to get everything in writing. at least if i have to pay it, i will email the apartments back ad pay them as they asked me if i wanted to pay lol for the lesser amount and write that unless they remove it completelty which is why i would gree to pay, i will just dispute it with my bank and show them the lemail agreement i will have emailed them on my terms and what they agreed to, to get it removed....after i pay, get it removed/get the paid letter so i can qulify for an apartment, and then get my money back since they will be getting paid their overcharge amount anyway and it's not fair i have to be homeless bc of all this bs

i called them a couple days ago bc the apartements told me they are working on getting it paid for me fromt he wa mitigation fund but in the meantime it is hurting me. IQ data told me they would delete it once and only when it is paid.....not that i believe it, but who knows when that will be. i hope it gets deleted bc i had so much proof why it is inaccurate and it makes me mad they and my apartments are screwing me over and did so in other ways, too. 

Plase continue to share any info from your experience with them as well Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
dduck095

Sorry to hear about your experience! It is horrible when landlords screw you over. A little background on my situation. My apartment was infested with roaches and I asked them to get rid of them. Long story short they couldn't, after spraying pesticides for months. I excercised my rights in the lease and terminated it early based on uninhabitable conditions they weren't able to remedy. A couple months later they sent me a bill for $1,100.

They had several things wrong with the move out statement, and tried to charge me rent for months I wasn't there. We argued via email for a bit and I told them I wasn't liable for the $1,100 and will only pay the $300 that I actually owe (last months utilities etc.) I told them once the move out statement was corrected I would send payment. 

She refused to update it. A couple months after that, I had a collections account on my credit report. And you want to know the funny thing about it? It was in the amount of $300!!! Which is what I told them I would pay if they updated the statement. It was a very petty and spiteful move on their end and we could have avoided the entire collections situation. 

I paid the IQ data collections company and they said they would remove it. I waited 2 and a half months and it updated to paid in full, still reporting. I called them and they said they would process it to be deleted again and honor the agreement since I was promised by the 1st rep.(The first guy who made the promise didn't work there anymore)

I didn't feel like waiting so I just disputed it with the credit bureaus with "no knowledge of account" it got deleted within a week. 

I would advise you to get something in writing OR get an app on your phone if you have an iPhone that records phone calls, that way you have ammunition. Your situation sounds worse than mine, I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck!! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.