Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQ Data

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IQ Data

I had a collections with these people and at first the account was removed from my report and now it's back. What would you recommend I do about it? They never sent me a receipt in the mail and never sent me a PFD letter. It's being listed as paid on my report. Why it popped back up on my report after 2 months is beyond me.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: IQ Data

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a collections with these people and at first the account was removed from my report and now it's back. What would you recommend I do about it? They never sent me a receipt in the mail and never sent me a PFD letter. It's being listed as paid on my report. Why it popped back up on my report after 2 months is beyond me.

Removed how? Did you have PFD agreement or was it removed due to dispute? 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a PFD agreement
Message 3 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Maybe try giving them a call and find out why they started reporting again. Unfortunately, with PFD, there is nothing prohibiting reinserting as far as FCRA is concerned as current reporting is accurate. 

PFD is not a basis for dispute through CRA, because it's against their policies, so I think you'll have to contact them regarding breech of oral contract since you have nothing in writing 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'll have to give it a go Friday. Worst case it'll fall off in due time. It was only for $80 which the apartments that it got owed to didn't even notify me about it
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them just now and they said they have no idea as to why it's reporting and that the paperwork on their end was sent to the CRAs and to me.

The rude manager had suggested that I call/dispute the CRAs directly. What do you guys think
Message 6 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called them just now and they said they have no idea as to why it's reporting and that the paperwork on their end was sent to the CRAs and to me.

The rude manager had suggested that I call/dispute the CRAs directly. What do you guys think

Rock and hard place is what I think 

On one hand, there is no basis for dispute. The reporting as is right now, while undesirable and against verbal agreement, is accurate. 

On the other hand, because of previous deletion from CR, there is a possibility they do not verify. 

Problem would be if they do come back and state reporting is accurate. This type of update on negative account would lead to score drop. Right now, your scores are not at the point where you can take a beating without the possibility of AA. 

I think you should make more attempts with CA to have it removed again prior to resorting to dispute, but that's just me. 

Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion for you. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point, even with it back on my scores haven't dropped so I do have that going on. Could one call the CRAs to verify if they got the request for deletion without trying to dispute it?
Message 8 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
That's a good point, even with it back on my scores haven't dropped so I do have that going on. Could one call the CRAs to verify if they got the request for deletion without trying to dispute it?

I dont think CSR will be able to tell you that, and even if they could, they would probably refer you back to CA for questions.

Give it a little bit of time and see what happens.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think CSR will be able to tell you that, and even if they could, they would probably refer you back to CA for questions.

Give it a little bit of time and see what happens.

Probably be the best idea, thanks Remi.

Maybe it'll come back off or it'll come off in 2025 at the very worst case.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.