cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQ data settlment for delete success?

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

IQ data settlment for delete success?

Has anyone had success in getting IQ data to delete for a settlement less than full balance? I know they will do it for a PIF but I cant PIF yet. I can pay like 50% but i want it deleted. Any insights or successes with this when not PIF?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Re: IQ data settlment for delete success?

I owed 2300 for a broken lease from 4 years ago.. I did all the research you can think of, and thought about going 100 different directions. After all of that, I decided to just call them. I told them right from the get go, that I do not believe I owe this debt, and although I'm sure they hear that all the time, it was the truth. So being that I dont believe its mine, what can we do to solve this. I told him I could send verfication requests, or dispute it, or even hire a lawyer to fight it, but that would cost money. Instead of doing that, is there any way we can work out a settlement to get this taken off my credit report. I told him I wouldn't pay it, unless it was deleted... He had me talk to his manager, who while still on the phone, emailed me an agreement.. I was scared to pay him over the phone (which many will tel you not to do), but I did. Within 3 weeks, it was completley deleted from all 3 accounts, and boosted my credit score 40 points accross the board. My situatuion may be very different then yours, but all I can do is tell you what happened for me. Good luck, and do your research. Every situation is different, and depends on a lot of factors, including SOL (statute of limitations). GOOD LUCK!!

Message 2 of 2