Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Lien Removal

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

Re: IRS Lien Removal

Hello,

Congress decided that states should adopt the same policies for removal of liens.

The IRS website will guide you through their program and just log onto your states portal for the local guidelines.

The agencies will send withdraw notices to you and the courts.

The fastest way to get removal from the cb's is to fax the doc's to them.

FAX# EXperian- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 972 390 4970. Phone. edited

Transunion- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 610 546 4606. edited

Equifax- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 edited edited

Once you get the doc faxd it will be gone the same day.

Hope this helps.

Message 51 of 76
winstars
Regular Contributor

@virgo wrote:

Hello,

Congress decided that states should adopt the same policies for removal of liens.

The IRS website will guide you through their program and just log onto your states portal for the local guidelines.

The agencies will send withdraw notices to you and the courts.

The fastest way to get removal from the cb's is to fax the doc's to them.

FAX# EXperian- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 972 390 4970. Phone. edited

Transunion- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 610 546 4606. edited

Equifax- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 edited edited

Once you get the doc faxd it will be gone the same day.

Hope this helps.

Care to explain to us what you are specifically talking about??? Your post was very unclear to me at least...

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 52 of 76
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

"Congress decided that states should adopt the same policies for removal of liens"

Ummm...since when does Congress get to decide States' policies?  Ohio certainly hasn't adopted the IRS guidelines for liens.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 53 of 76
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

^^^^^^yeah what he said...errr she Smiley Sad . could you please post/pm a link to this information as I have two paid ohio state tax liens I need to get removed.

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 54 of 76
Tropikal
Established Member

I would like to see others comments on how this improved their CSS.  Very few have said how much this has helped their credit scores and the ones that did said, said it wasn't for much 6-20 points.

I do have two paid IRS liens, both released in 12/11, and I'm going to request withdrawal as stated on this tread for sure, I need every little point I can get Smiley Wink. But  just makes me wonder if is worth the effort to have it withdraw. 

Anybody seen the scores jumped by doing the IRS Lien Withdrawals?

Message 55 of 76
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Tropikal wrote:

I would like to see others comments on how this improved their CSS.  Very few have said how much this has helped their credit scores and the ones that did said, said it wasn't for much 6-20 points.

I do have two paid IRS liens, both released in 12/11, and I'm going to request withdrawal as stated on this tread for sure, I need every little point I can get Smiley Wink. But  just makes me wonder if is worth the effort to have it withdraw. 

I got mine off and saw a minor score increase, others have seen bigger jumps. The big thing to me is that itget a major negative off your reports, the "0% of our high scoring people..... had a public record on their credit report" that we see here on myfico CR's... It is totally work the since the effort consists of filling out a couple of forms and buying some stamps. Getting any and all "baddies" off my reports is allways my been my goal.

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Message 56 of 76
Tropikal
Established Member

@winstars wrote:

@Tropikal wrote:

I got mine off and saw a minor score increase, others have seen bigger jumps. The big thing to me is that itget a major negative off your reports, the "0% of our high scoring people..... had a public record on their credit report" that we see here on myfico CR's... It is totally work the since the effort consists of filling out a couple of forms and buying some stamps. Getting any and all "baddies" off my reports is allways my been my goal.

Thanks, every little increase counts, and like you said getting those "baddies" out are also important even is doesn't increase CS.

Message 57 of 76
akemp9480
Valued Member

Starting Score: 635
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 700

Message 58 of 76
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hi akemp!

Please stop cross-posting in the forums. While the information you have posted more than five times is very useful, it doesn't need to be posted anymore.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 59 of 76
akemp9480
Valued Member

Sry. I was excited and trying to answer the question and help anyone else. I've deleted it and will delete the others.

Starting Score: 635
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 700

Message 60 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.