Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS lien form 12277

tag
GA8080
Contributor

IRS lien form 12277

Hi everyone. I have a FTL that I have been paying on an installment plan for about a year now. I submitted the paperwork to convert it to a direct debit and they finally accepted it after at least 3 months, so this month will be my first direct debit. I didn't think the direct debit process would take so long and I am anxious to file the withdraw request, form 12277. Has anyone sent in the 12277 before the 3 directt debits? I was going to try sending it in after the first payment this month figuring they probably won't even look at it for 2 months anyway.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: IRS lien form 12277

I don't have experience with a FTL although I did suffer through a IRS Offer in Compromise for 2+ years - one where they did NOT file a lien although they could have. I don't believe that the IRS will willfully remove a lien until after the full amount is repaid.

I'm sure anything is possible and I'm sure there are success stories, but my nightmare with the IRS showed nothing but incompetence such as it was a joint OIC because the business was jointly owned, once we satisfied the payments we had to nag for a release and THEN they went after us individuality. First they said oh sorry and released my wife, then they came after ME for over $200k. Round and round (we kept all papers and conversations), KC doesn't talk to Jacksonville, Jacksonville doesn't talk to Phila - and it was 2-3 hours on hold before they'd pick up the phone, just to transfer us to someone else for another 2 hours wait.... this went on for weeks AFTER we had paid in full the complete OIC.

Good luck, who knows maybe it''ll be easy Smiley Frustrated 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.