Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS IT TOO LATE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IS IT TOO LATE?

newbie alert!!..lol

ok i think i found these forums about a day too late in my quest to rebuild my credit.

I recently paid off/made arrangements with 3 ca's last week. Afterward i realized that i should have pfd'ed these agencys instead of paying full amounts. they were all collections

the 1st was a 298.00 sprint bill collected through AFNI
(OPENED 1/2004 REPORTING DEROGATORY) I PAID IN FULL
actually i was offered to settle for 256.00 which i did..this was offered immediately i didnt even get the chance to make my offer. I was set to pay the 298 so to me it was a good deal..lol..

the 2nd was a 40.00 cable bill through EQUIDATA
(OPENED 7/2004 REPORTING TO EX OPEN AND DEROGATORY TO EQ) I PAID IN FULL

the 3rd was a 409.00 comcast bill through EASTERN ACCOUNT SYSTEM
(OPENED 2/2007 REPORTING DEROGATORY TO EX) I MADE AN ARRANGEMENT TO BE PAID IN FULL BY SEPTEMBER.
after checking my report a few days later he actually did at least update my report to making payments..not in those exact words but thats what it meant..i called him back to give him a thanks because to me that is at least one positive step forward and i had a couple more questions to ask.. well he showed appreciation for the thanks..lol.

the 4th was a 149.00 comcast bill (for equipment) through EASTERN ACCOUNT SYSTEM AGAIN
(OPENED 2/2007 REPORTING DEROGATORY TO EX) NO ARRANGEMENT MADE I AM LOOKING FOR THE EQUIPMENT TO RETURN

MY QUESTION IS. what are the chances now of being able to have these removed. After i have already paid these or already making arrangements. There is nothing in writing as far as agreements. I am assuming i should call them back (which i have tried with no answer to afni) and kindly ask them to delete. Is this the steps i should be taking? how bad did i mess up by paying first without making arrangements for deletion. how bad will my score be effected?. i think i understand that it will drop temporarily and go up in the long run..I mean after all. i did contact them..TO PAY THEM. ..and also.i recently accepted a capitol one cc with a 300.00 limit ...the inquiry was reported as CAP ONE. as a soft hit..i used the card once or twice and paid it down to 30.00 to keep it at at least 10% or less....was this a good move..i know a lot of questions..but i know these forums are full of a lottt of answers...all suggestions, advice and comments are accepted..THANKS!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IS IT TOO LATE?

Send all them GW letter...ASAP...I recently had a Sprint collection with Diversified Adjustment...they refused a PFD...but when I paid...and they updated the account as PIF...I sent them a GW letter...for removal...and they DELETED...with a week...if you paid the CA...you have to deal with them...send the GW letter out...ASAP...GOOD LUCK!!!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks a million sly..i almost thought i was abandoned here for a sec..lol...so you dont think its a good idea to call them and ask before i send a letter?..being that they already have their money..except for the payment arrangements...ill start drafting up a gw letter tomorrow..ill have to google around for some templates ..again thanks!!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call now...they have the letter...but like I said...I kept getting the no on the phone...but then got a YES when I sent the letter...so try calling first...if they disagree...keep sending the GW letters...
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh thats great...ok one more question..who should i postmark the letter to?..the person whom i know handled my payments or to someone else?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent mine to the lady that helped me...but got my deletion letter from a different department...you can send it to the credit reporting department...
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAYYYY ok ..i called equidata and they agreed to delete off my account ..said she will flag my report for deletion..so thats a plus...i got a brief runaround with a law firm that AFNI used....i called and reminded them that i paid them last week....asked HOW it will be reported on my report..she went on to say that they dont do that..they simply report the payments back to afni...ughhhh..i called afni..they tell me that the account is out of their hands..and all the power is with the firm that took the payment..so now ill have to call the firm back AGAIN..but this time ill have to speak with someone else..i thought id have a good chance speaking with the first person that took the payment but obviously she doesnt know what she is talking about.,...does this situation sound typical to anyone?...

next ill call  EASTERN ACCOUNT SYSTEM and ask them if they can delete...mind you i am making payments with them...i think ill ask them if they will delete after payment is complete..if yes..ill offer to pay everything off right now..if not.. should i threaten to stop the payments???....or ill continue with the payments and GW them.....do you think this will work??. lol by the time someone replies to this i would probably have already called them and got an answer as a matter of fact ..ill try now..wish me luck
Message 7 of 13
makeynik
Regular Contributor

do a search here for the GW letter, copy and paste, make adjustments...
saves the time!
6/30/08 TU 441 EQ 425 EX 513
8/01/08 TU 499 EQ 488 EX 489
8/23/08 EQ 556
9/04/08 EQ 567
11/14/08 TU 531, EQ 582, EX 509
12/29/08 EQ 620 (yea!) EX 546 TU 555
1/17/2009 TU 568 EQ 620 EX 584, 4/15/09 TU 506, EQ 612
5/24/09 TU 558, EQ 646
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks a lot makey...thats the plan..but it seems like phone calls are working for me..lol..one agreed to delete over the phone..the other told me they dont delete but also told me how to get it deleted......2 more debts left same collector for the same account...and i think this one will be easier then the first 2..i just have to check my accounts to make sure im ready to hand them over the remaining 300.00 today.....and find that dang on comcast cable box and modem...but if lucky enough i might not have to do that..they might agree to delete at the end of my last payment...
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

DO a search for Afni GW...in the searchbox...DW's cousin had a collection with them...recently emailed a GW to like 4 people...with the company...and now it's gone...
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.