Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEMS FALLING OFF CR

tag
ficorenavator
Regular Contributor

ITEMS FALLING OFF CR

How long does ca accounts or any other derogatory info stay on each cr? I live in the state of TN.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ITEMS FALLING OFF CR

7-7.5 yrs from DOFD.
Message 2 of 4
ficorenavator
Regular Contributor

I'm a little confused.  How does SOL come into play? My reason for asking is I have a collection account that has been PIF since APRIL 22,2003.  I contacted the CA to see when the account was first turned over to them and the rep. said it was Nov.11,2002.  This should be falling off pretty soon right?  Or, do you think I shoud contact all three CRAs and see if they will go ahead and remove?

thanks

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL doesn't come into play if it is paid. SOL is set by each state and gives creditors a specified period to commence action against you in court.

How did you PIF the CA in April 2002 if it wasn't turned over to them until Nov 2002? If you meant it was turned over to them Nov 2001, then DOFD would be before that and it should be close to falling off.

DOFD is set by the OC, it is the date you went delinquent and never caught up before it made it to charge off/collection status.

If you have a report directly from TU or EX, it should list the removal date. You can also call the CRA and ask for the FCRA Compliance Date or DOFD.

Is the OC reporting on your report also? If so, both accounts should be reporting the same DOFD.

Don't dispute with the CRA if it is accurate. Only thing you can do is GW the CA to have it removed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.