Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ideas

Good morning, quick question, I am fed up looking at my collections. Three of them Im thinking paying off in next 60 days ( 2 will be PFD's other PRA ugh). I have two auto installment loans. One of them I have paid in advance until Nov 23. My question is, should I pay extra several hundred towards auto loan (the one that is paid in advance thru Nov) when I get paid or just apply monies towards collections now? Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ideas

How old are the collections?

Are they still within SOL, and what is the DOFD on each?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do not come off until at least 2019

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The standard procedure is to first offer the debt collector a pay for delete (PFD).

If they accept, then the collection is deleted and the debt is discharged.

If you simply pay, it will not result in deletion of the collection.

The peril is that if SOL has not expired, the debt collector may choose to file a civil action.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have info sayitng two of three will PFD....

Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If you sre sure they will be PFD, I would get those taken care of first.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I'm with the others. Getting those collections off your report should be a priority if you have the financial security to do so. If the third won't PFD, settle and start annoying them with GW letters until they delete it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.