Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Issue?

tag
pghfangirl04
Valued Member

Identity Issue?

My husband has an extremely common name.  We were able to get some addresses that weren't his off of EQ and TU.  All of the accounts on those CRAs belonged to him.  Experian is a completely different animal.   My mind is boggled by the amount of incorrect information that is on this account!! There are 13 different addresses on the report and only 2 of them actually belong to him! There is a social security number that is not his.  My husband has never had a car loan or a student loan and the are multiple items of both, personal loans that aren't his, credit cards that aren't his.  This is just crazy.  I have no idea where to start and I don't know if this is actually identify theft thing or is it just because of his common name. Has anyone been in a similar situation?  Any insight?  I can't even dispute this stuff online we have to call them.  Thanks in advance guys.

Starting Score: 6/27/2012: TU-543 EQ-501 EX-535(Quizzle)
Current Score: 12/18/12: TU-571 EQ-547 EX-555(PSECU)
Goal Score: 630 by March

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Identity Issue?

If I had that, I would pull EX directly from Experian.com (as I suspect you did). Those reports should have a demographic code next to each account and address by which to link up. I'd probably research each address and make a judgment call as to whether or not it might be ID theft. If there's any possibility, I would call the police and have a report filed for ID theft. You can then use that report to get those accounts removed via a written dispute. There's a risk of disputing it without that report. It could get verified on the assumption it's yours (or DH's).

Message 2 of 3
pghfangirl04
Valued Member

Re: Identity Issue?

@llecs wrote:

If I had that, I would pull EX directly from Experian.com (as I suspect you did). Those reports should have a demographic code next to each account and address by which to link up. I'd probably research each address and make a judgment call as to whether or not it might be ID theft. If there's any possibility, I would call the police and have a report filed for ID theft. You can then use that report to get those accounts removed via a written dispute. There's a risk of disputing it without that report. It could get verified on the assumption it's yours (or DH's).

Thanks. . .question though. . . how could I determine by clicking the demographic code if it was id theft and not just a mix up?

Starting Score: 6/27/2012: TU-543 EQ-501 EX-535(Quizzle)
Current Score: 12/18/12: TU-571 EQ-547 EX-555(PSECU)
Goal Score: 630 by March

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.