cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Theft, I have no clue what to do.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Identity Theft, I have no clue what to do.

I turned 18 on Saturday, pulled my report and I have a nightmare on my hands. I have filed a police report. I can't get any of these credit companies to work with me. I found errors on my reports such as birthday, got that fixed but thats about it. Since the companies wont work with me, what do I do? Can the reporting agencies block this information? I can't seem to find a good contact number that gets me to a fraud representative without having to add fraud alert which I already did. HELP 498 credit score, 3 days into my adult life isnt good!
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Identity Theft, I have no clue what to do.

When you disputed these with the CRA...what happened???...it these bogus account came back verified...you should definitely send a Full Media Validation to all companies on report...
Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't dispute them individually, when I went to experian online it old me to contact them so i called, didnt get anywhere. Full Media validation?
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to dispute all the account as "NOT MINE"..and see what comes back verified...if they come back verified...send the DV letter to the CA...search DV letter int he above search box..and you should get sample DV letters...did you get all your free reports from www.annualcreditreport.com????.....just dispute online...all the accounts as NOT MINE...
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not pulled all my reports with all the companies. I don't know where to get them all for free. I just got my experian report for free. I just disputed everything with them.

Message Edited by torry209 on 05-27-2008 07:25 PM
Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.annualcreditreport.com
Message 6 of 38
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned pull all 3 reports ASAP. Complete any necessary paperwork for the police report. You may also need to have the CRAs place a fraud alert on your CRs. I'd then dispute as "not mine" via mail and include a copy of your ID and so forth and include copies of any police reports.
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed it yesterday. I haven't filled out any paperwork for it yet, or gotten a copy. The officer just simple took a copy of my experian report and wrote down notes. He said he would get this filed. I already put fraud alert on my reports which is preventing me from pulling the two other branches online. I am going to do it by mail. They want me to validate my ID, would a photo copy of my driver's license be enough?
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed everything that wasn't mine on my experian report. I don't know whats on transunion or equifax yet, but I'm assuming they are similar. I will see when I pull then and I have to dispute them by mail. This is an ugly mess thats going to take lots of mail and time to clear up.
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send copies of your DL..and SS card worth your disputes...if you DL doesn't have your current address you would have to send a utility bill...I think you'll be fine..if these accounts are not yours...they should be removed instantly...do you have an idea of the identity fraud...maybe a family member..or do you think it was a stranger...also...check on your reports to see if you have additional SSN on there...if you dispute different SSN..the account associates with them should be removed instantly...
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.