cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If one credit report removes an account, shouldn't they all?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If one credit report removes an account, shouldn't they all?

I recently had Jefferson Capital removed from my TU report due to fraud. Shouldn't EQ and EX follow suit automatically? I was surprised to see this account was still on EQ so I filed a dispute with them as well. The amount is $2700 and I need this off all three of my reports like yesterday!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: If one credit report removes an account, shouldn't they all?

Wow! Sorry to hear that! I hope you get it sorted out soon. Keep us updated with any useful info! Thanks!

Lots of Luck!!🙏

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 4
capricornchanges
Regular Contributor

No, they usually all do their own thing. They are stubborn like that, I asked TU the same question when the others removed and their response was “ we don’t control what another CRA does”. I would think true fraud would be different.

1st goal: 700 across the board
Starting Scores 01/19/2018
Equifax : 579
Transunion: 585
Experian: 602

Current 07/06/2018
Equifax:662
Transunion: 645
Experian: 683

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 621(f) mandates that each CRA must have an established policy for referral of both extended fraud alerts under FCRA 605A and any block of information under FCRA 605B to the other CRAs.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.