Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If only it were this easy

tag
DaYooper
Valued Member

If only it were this easy

I though this was a bit strange because this screenshot depicts the inquiry made the credit score go up 51 points. Where in reality, there were a number of late payments removed that caused this.

Of course I could not have said anything and let you scratch your head over this one.

inquiry plus 51.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If only it were this easy

@DaYooper wrote:

I though this was a bit strange because this screenshot depicts the inquiry made the credit score go up 51 points. Where in reality, there were a number of late payments removed that caused this.

Of course I could not have said anything and let you scratch your head over this one.

inquiry plus 51.JPG

Yeah, CMS love to trick you. They aren't very smart. They just comine whatever change they have in front of them as the cause of a coinciding score change. Then in a few days you will get "lates removed" and 0 score change lol

Message 2 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea it's not the inquiry itself that gave you points, it's just the inquiry that triggered an update which promptly pulled a higher score due to lates being removed. Same would happen with FICO, though probably not nearly as many points. lol

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 8
DaYooper
Valued Member

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Yea it's not the inquiry itself that gave you points, it's just the inquiry that triggered an update which promptly pulled a higher score due to lates being removed. Same would happen with FICO, though probably not nearly as many points. lol

The lates being removed only brought the FICO up 16pts. Perhaps it's because I have one very old derog (6.5 years) that CK is not picking up.

Message 4 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DaYooper wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

The lates being removed only brought the FICO up 16pts. Perhaps it's because I have one very old derog (6.5 years) that CK is not picking up.

Yea that'll hold you back, especially if it's still unpaid/updating monthly.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 8
daveg38
Established Contributor

CK is marketing. The reports they pull are often factually incorrect by leaps and bounds.

They show I have 26 inquiries on EQ, even after an update due to an inquiry on TU. I, in fact, have 0.

They show I have an AAoA on TU of 4 months. I, in fact, have an AAoA of 4.6 years.

It's insane.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daveg38 wrote:

CK is marketing. The reports they pull are often factually incorrect by leaps and bounds.

They show I have 26 inquiries on EQ, even after an update due to an inquiry on TU. I, in fact, have 0.

They show I have an AAoA on TU of 4 months. I, in fact, have an AAoA of 4.6 years.

It's insane.

Well, Vantage scores are calculated mych different than Fico Scores.

My Fico AAoA is like 7-8 years, but Vantage is only 8 months. Both are correct. Vantage only factors in open accounts, which is why they often recommend closing umwanted accounts. This does nothing for Fico scores, though, as Fico considers both open and closed accounts.

Not sure about the inquiries issue and I vould be totally wrong about your situation, but that is how it played out for me.

Message 7 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@daveg38 wrote:

It's insane.

Their reports aren't usually incorrect, at least as far as the info on them. The reason your AAoA is different is because CK doesn't consider closed accounts while FICO does.

Not sure why the inquiries are wrong though. I'd double check that.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.