Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you were on my shoes ...

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

If you were on my shoes ...

I was an employee of a medical clinic. They discharged me. I filed unemployment and won 2 times on the hearing. The commission found them in error for discharging me. When I was still there, I went for a consult. Insurance approved the claims. The amount was to be paid by me since I have not met my deductible yet. The doctor and the manager told me it will be WAIVED since I was an employee. They gave me document showing zero balance.  

After the discharge incident and unemployment claims, they are now attempting to collect the medical bill. I have lost my record when I moved residence because I cannot afford the old apartment rent. Now, I am stuck. They have sent multiple times to the insurance, but my insurance kept denying their claims because it has been more than a year. I am sure however, that the first claim was approved and that I was ultimately responsible for it. 

Collection efforts are now on going. Should I just pay or insist that it should have been waived as initially agreed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: If you were on my shoes ...

Were there stipulations attached to the waiver?  Like staying an employee for X amount of time?

Message 2 of 4
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

No. It was very casual. They just wrote it off, and gave me new invoice with ZERO BALANCE.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

And you went to the doctor or whatever it was while you were still an employee? 

Not trying to play stupid, just gathering information.

The only problem, without proof of the 0 balance, it may be hard to prove.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.