Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal collections practice?

tag
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Illegal collections practice?

I had a bill that was not mine, but my child's whom my Exhusband was the insurance holder and was responsible for the bill as we were in the process of divorce. Like all his bills he never paid it and I've paid all the debts. Yet this bill with 0 balance was on my Experian credit report. I took action with consumer protection as they never so much contacted me and my first knowledge was on my credit report. Quite frankly I got sick and tired of taking the heat, paying off his responsibilities and them reflecting on me.

All the sudden a NEW Collection bill from the same company has creeped upon my credit report as of yesterday when I looked today. I didn't even so much as got an alert from Equifax. I'm furious!

This company, which I contacted to pay this balance a year ago, who has my contact info and NEVER so much as sent me a bill or called, but they put a bill on my CR from 2009 from when I lived in Indiana, for a Ohio Valley Heart. I have no heart issues. My ex or possibly one of our minor children whom he was required to cover co pays. I am MORE than furious. I've filled a complaint with CP!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Illegal collections practice?

If he is the responsible party and you have paperwork to prove it I would use it for any CA that may pop up with this type of collection, if you have not signed any papers as the responsible party with the OC its fraudulent credit reporting to put something on your CRs. The CFPB will sort this out. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

That's what I thought! I just wanted to make sure. I think this may be a backlash for trying to remove a zero balance from Experian which I should have never paid, like thousands I've paid over the last 2 yrs. I took to CP bureau and this new one is there too! Enough! OMG!
Message 3 of 5
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

I was happy to see that my FICO went up, but confused on why Equifax did not alert me that this collection was going on?
Message 4 of 5
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

I just happened to look at my new report and saw
Revolving: 2
Installments: 1
Collections: 1 (Red Flag-nothing there previously)
Inquiries: 2
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.