Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illinois Tollway Collections

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Illinois Tollway Collections

I would go the GW route before any disputing.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 31 of 58
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@SLR72689 wrote:

Actually, after doing some research and calling the Illinois State Toll... I paid the Illiinois State toll and NOT the collection agency.  The lady on the phone looked into my account and all the collections I have on my report, she has showing I paid them the day after Illinois State Toll sent them to collections... but technically before the CA got them. I ask if I could have confirmation in writing that I had paid this before it went to collections.

So I paid the original creditor. Can I dispute the collections?

Grey area.  You paid the OC before the CA received it but not before the OC sent it.  So you didn't really pay before it went to collections.

If the OC is willing to give you a letter stating you paid before it went to collections then you could send that to the CRAs.

Message 32 of 58
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@SLR72689 wrote:

Actually, after doing some research and calling the Illinois State Toll... I paid the Illiinois State toll and NOT the collection agency.  The lady on the phone looked into my account and all the collections I have on my report, she has showing I paid them the day after Illinois State Toll sent them to collections... but technically before the CA got them. I ask if I could have confirmation in writing that I had paid this before it went to collections.

So I paid the original creditor. Can I dispute the collections?

Grey area.  You paid the OC before the CA received it but not before the OC sent it.  So you didn't really pay before it went to collections.

If the OC is willing to give you a letter stating you paid before it went to collections then you could send that to the CRAs.

She said I will receive something in the mail. I guess we will wait and see what I get!

Message 33 of 58
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 34 of 58
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

I too just got a collection placed on my TU report from the Illinois Tollway, so I decided to pay the Tollway directly instead of paying the CA. Is there a chance the CA can remove it since they didn't collect any money from me?

Starting Score: EQ 558 TU 534 EX 527
Current Score: EQ 642 TU 636
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 58
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

By the way, the CA is also Arnold Harris

Message 36 of 58
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@MarcoMP3 wrote:
I too just got a collection placed on my TU report from the Illinois Tollway, so I decided to pay the Tollway directly instead of paying the CA. Is there a chance the CA can remove it since they didn't collect any money from me?

I called the Tollway and asked for confirmation in writing that I paid them and not the CA. Depending what the letter says exactly, Im either going to send a copy to NCO (the CA mine went to) if it says I paid the tollway but if it says I paid BEFORE it went to collections, I am going to dispute it to the CRA to have it removed. 

Message 37 of 58
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@MarcoMP3 wrote:

Is yours marked paid or unpaid? My collections are all marked paid even though I never paid the CA.

Message 38 of 58
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

It is marked unpaid, although I just paid the Tollway in full as soon as I became aware of the collection being reported, so it probably hasn't been updated yet. I want to know if Arnold Harris is good with granting GW.

Message 39 of 58
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@MarcoMP3 wrote:
It is marked unpaid, although I just paid the Tollway in full as soon as I became aware of the collection being reported, so it probably hasn't been updated yet. I want to know if Arnold Harris is good with granting GW.

yes - we had my GFs tollway account removed off after payment to the Tollway..

Actually; we sent a DV after we paid the tollway. Arnold Harris removed it.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.